By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - How did you discover VGChartz?

I was disappointed when I heard the Wii was selling so well, so I had to make absolutely sure with facts that the Wii was outselling the PS3 and the 360. I found NPD threads with actual numbers and facts and lo and behold the Wii was winning most months, but at the time the PS3 and 360 were making a comeback. It was very interesting to follow.

Around the Network

Was looking for a game backlog site and was looking up sales for last gen.

Basil's YouTube Channel

It all started when I was in west philadelphia, the place i was born and raised, usually on the playground is where I spent most of my days. One day while browsing my phone, chillin out,maxing and relaxing all cool, playing this basketball app right after school, when a couple of trolls, who imo were up to no good, they started making trouble on a forum i was in, i got into one little infraction and the mods got scared, they said you're off this forum now, go try VGChartz,data site extraordinaire.

I signed up for the site June 1st around 7 or 8 and yelled at the previous site, yo fools smell ya later
looked at my avatar, i knew i was finally here, sitting on my new home, VGChartz extraordinaire

NND: 0047-7271-7918 | XBL: Nights illusion | PSN: GameNChick

I discovered this site after discovering nexgenwars was literally just a ticker.

Worst sales tracking site ever.

Jumped on the forums to tell as many people they were wrong about everything as possible and never looked back.

Signalstar said:
2007 Nextgenwars.com. Realized its data was bullshit. Kept looking. Found Vgchartz. Rest is history.

Data? It was basically a clock that just added different figures per second depending on the console.

It fooled me too.

Around the Network

VGC numbers use to have a Yahoo article every week, I came here because of those articles.

Check out my lastest games review: Fast RMX and  Snipperclips: Cut it out Together

Signalstar said:
2007 Nextgenwars.com. Realized its data was bullshit. Kept looking. Found Vgchartz. Rest is history.

Hahaha, another one like me!

Didn't they add "sales" real-time on the site? Utterly ridiculous.

In 2016, I met people from here before I actually knew about this place. I noticed they were sharing links to certain posts and I'd read it, but I never really thought much about it. The more I grew onto those people, the more I learnt about VGC. Someone managed to convince me to sign up and so I did. And that is how I discovered this place, by those amazing people <3 

If you require alcohol to have fun, then you have a problem 

I don't remember. I was probably looking for sales data or something as part of a discussion online and found my way here. I think I was already starting to develop an interest in game sales at the time anyway, so here I am.

I was searching for video game sales at the start of the PS3/360 generation. It was this or nextgenwars.com site.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.