By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - How did you discover VGChartz?

Signalstar said:
2007 Nextgenwars.com. Realized its data was bullshit. Kept looking. Found Vgchartz. Rest is history.

Hahaha, another one like me!

Didn't they add "sales" real-time on the site? Utterly ridiculous.

Around the Network

In 2016, I met people from here before I actually knew about this place. I noticed they were sharing links to certain posts and I'd read it, but I never really thought much about it. The more I grew onto those people, the more I learnt about VGC. Someone managed to convince me to sign up and so I did. And that is how I discovered this place, by those amazing people <3 

If you require alcohol to have fun, then you have a problem

I was searching for video game sales at the start of the PS3/360 generation. It was this or nextgenwars.com site.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

I wrote an email to someone's gaming blog.  The comments said I sounded like a poster from VGChartz.

So I checked out this site.  For many years after that I mostly checked the front page articles though.  Very rarely I would look at the forums.  At the end of 2017 I saw there was a thread, "Post your top 50 video games of all time".  I had just made my own private list of 100 games, so I decided to join and post regularly.

Now...try coming up with a nerdier story than that.

Probably searching for console or game sales. I know I lurked from about 2011/2012, so maybe I was interested in 3DS or Vita's success. Can't really remember.

Around the Network

7th gen console war bickering. Didn't join until GameTrailers went under, though.

I was brought here from a thread on IMDb. They had a decent little game community in the time well before they shut down all of their forums. I actually only made an account to create a thread mocking people who cared about video game sales... then proceeded to get interested in video game sales and stuck around for 10+ years

I came here for sales and stayed for political discussions.

My Etsy store

My Ebay store

Deus Ex (2000) - a game that pushes the boundaries of what the video game medium is capable of to a degree unmatched to this very day.

Geha (Japanese console war).

I was wondering how well Xenoblade 1 was selling when I was playing it at release.