By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - How did you discover VGChartz?

People linked this site on Gametrailers.com as it was also mentioned by the staff. So, i was checking it out and kept on lurking until Defy Media pulled their middle finger on GT.com. I've moved over to this place after the website shut down.

Intel Core i7 8700K | 32 GB DDR 4 PC 3200 | ROG STRIX Z370-F Gaming | RTX 3090 FE| Crappy Monitor| HTC Vive Pro :3

Around the Network

Stumbled across this and the infamous Nexgenwars in 2006-2007, I was posting mostly on Gamespot and a few other sites, but the forums were becoming so toxic and unbearable and there was no one with this particular niche and a decent forum layout with decent discussion going on about sales and gaming. So, here I am, still after all this years, I check the site multiple times a day even if I don't post all that much now.

I was in a computer class in high school, I was googling console sales for 360 and found VGChartz.

Been so long (well over 10 years) that I can't even remember at all. I suspect Google introduced me though. 

I wanted to know how much the Wii sold over time.

Around the Network

2007 Nextgenwars.com. Realized its data was bullshit. Kept looking. Found Vgchartz. Rest is history.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F1gWECYYOSo

Please Watch/Share this video so it gets shown in Hollywood.

I was disappointed when I heard the Wii was selling so well, so I had to make absolutely sure with facts that the Wii was outselling the PS3 and the 360. I found NPD threads with actual numbers and facts and lo and behold the Wii was winning most months, but at the time the PS3 and 360 were making a comeback. It was very interesting to follow.

It all started when I was in west philadelphia, the place i was born and raised, usually on the playground is where I spent most of my days. One day while browsing my phone, chillin out,maxing and relaxing all cool, playing this basketball app right after school, when a couple of trolls, who imo were up to no good, they started making trouble on a forum i was in, i got into one little infraction and the mods got scared, they said you're off this forum now, go try VGChartz,data site extraordinaire.

I signed up for the site June 1st around 7 or 8 and yelled at the previous site, yo fools smell ya later
looked at my avatar, i knew i was finally here, sitting on my new home, VGChartz extraordinaire

NND: 0047-7271-7918 | XBL: Nights illusion | PSN: GameNChick

I discovered this site after discovering nexgenwars was literally just a ticker.

Worst sales tracking site ever.

Jumped on the forums to tell as many people they were wrong about everything as possible and never looked back.

Signalstar said:
2007 Nextgenwars.com. Realized its data was bullshit. Kept looking. Found Vgchartz. Rest is history.

Data? It was basically a clock that just added different figures per second depending on the console.

It fooled me too.