Forums - General Discussion - How did you discover VGChartz?

I wrote an email to someone's gaming blog.  The comments said I sounded like a poster from VGChartz.

So I checked out this site.  For many years after that I mostly checked the front page articles though.  Very rarely I would look at the forums.  At the end of 2017 I saw there was a thread, "Post your top 50 video games of all time".  I had just made my own private list of 100 games, so I decided to join and post regularly.

Now...try coming up with a nerdier story than that.

Around the Network

Probably searching for console or game sales. I know I lurked from about 2011/2012, so maybe I was interested in 3DS or Vita's success. Can't really remember.

7th gen console war bickering. Didn't join until GameTrailers went under, though.

I was brought here from a thread on IMDb. They had a decent little game community in the time well before they shut down all of their forums. I actually only made an account to create a thread mocking people who cared about video game sales... then proceeded to get interested in video game sales and stuck around for 10+ years

I came here for sales and stayed for political discussions.

Visit my eBay stampers store: eims-stampers

Deus Ex (2000) - a game that pushes the boundaries of what the video game medium is capable of to a degree unmatched to this very day.

Around the Network

Geha (Japanese console war).

I was wondering how well Xenoblade 1 was selling when I was playing it at release.

I was looking for sales figures when the Wii came out. The next thing I know I was checking in to the site daily, then hourly, then seemingly every minute for a while there. It was quite the addiction until around '09. I'm not sure exactly what broke the addiction, but I think the quality of threads started to diminish. Many users had already left and a new breed was coming in and spamming pretty heavily. It's amazing how quickly spam threads used to be able to fill up the front page. I think there were post count wars going on at the time or something.