By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - How did you discover VGChartz?

DonFerrari said:
Cobretti2 said:
When it launched I searched wii sales and there it was lol. Sadly my old account i couldn't recover after a site upgrade so created Cobretti2 lol.

Congrats on the round 10000 posts.

Thanks. nicely timed thread this one for it haha.

Around the Network

Back in the da good ole console war(PS3 vs. 360 vs. Wii) days where people use to use this site as a dick measuring contest,

I don't remember. There was this other site that tracked sales in real time, or rather had a counter going up all the time. VGChartz seemed more accurate. I didn't make an account until much later to use the game database (collection), which is now dead. I'm still here...

Wanted to leave IGN Forums and saw that this community was more active than most others I looked into.

PC GAMING: BEST GAMES. WORST CONTROLS

A mouse & keyboard are made for sending email and typing internet badassery. Not for playing video games!!!

I believe I was looking up Pokémon or Zelda sales back in the 2012ish, got directed here from google, then just lurked for a few years, tried making some accounts back then but they never went through. Tried again a year or two later and it worked. I just like knowing sales info lol (:

Around the Network
gooch_destroyer said:
Back in the da good ole console war(PS3 vs. 360 vs. Wii) days where people use to use this site as a dick measuring contest,

It's getting bigger! 

I was slightly leaning towards the XB camp before the PS4 and XB1 were announced. Most of my friends were leaning towards PS. I went looking for reasonably accurate sales data and mostly non journalistic opinion's sometime after they launched, to follow along and see how things were playing out to help make up my mind. VGC won I guess you could say and I eventually joined shortly after E3 2016. What I can't remember is what exactly caused me to finally join, but it almost surely had to do with something linked to E3.

Same answer as the last six times this thread had been made. I was looking for an alternative to the now defunct 1up.com, and found this site. Made my account in 08' to tell Squilliam to SHUT. UP.

- "If you have the heart of a true winner, you can always get more pissed off than some other asshole."

Nerds in the GameTrailers forums were arguing over whether or not this site was a legtimate source for sales information, so I checked it out.

In typing one day in google : "WiiU vs PS4 sales"