By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Rumor: MS to release Xbox Gamepass and Published titles on Switch

Dr.Vita said:
No one can beat Playstation as the king of gaming so the competition has to team up together. lol

Seriously now this would be a very interesting step from Microsoft, what are their plans for the their next Xbox console?

"No one can beat Playstation" look at your name again. It seems PSP/Vita is too powerful to buy for everyone, especially vita. The most ironic comment ever.

Last edited by HoangNhatAnh - on 22 February 2019

Around the Network
JRPGfan said:
shikamaru317 said:

The report specifically mentions Ori and the Blind Forest as a possibility for direct porting to Switch. Some other possibilities that might make sense for Switch imo:

-Rare Replay
-Battletoads
-Super Lucky's Tale (already rumored for Switch by another source)
-ReCore (developed by former Metroid Prime devs)
-Cuphead

Thats nuts.... why even own a xbox at this point then?
Its like MS doesnt care where you play their games anymore..... why not just go multi-plat then?

Whats next? Halo,gears,forza also on PS4?

MS games on ps4? No, very different situation. MS don't direct compete with Nintendo and Sony have ps now

Dr.Vita said:
Azzanation said:

That wouldnt bother a corparation like MS. Buiness is about where the money is, and the money is in the services/software not the hardware. 

If GamePass earns 1m subs on Switch thats $12m a year the Xbox brand makes. Now multiply that by x2 and than by x4 and now add Xboxs own userbase of 1m subscribers and do the same. Add both results togother and do you see where the money is? Consoles wont make that sort of money. Infact for the first few years consoles are sold at a loss and there RND is in the billions.

This is why hardware sales dont mean much in the end. Not with online options we have these days.

In that case they could go full third-party.

More like if anything they could go full third-party for Nintendo only

HoangNhatAnh said:
Dr.Vita said:

In that case they could go full third-party.

And PC.

Though if MS continues in this road, I can see them publishing their titles on PS in 5 to 10 years.

My (locked) thread about how difficulty should be a decision for the developers, not the gamers.

https://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=241866&page=1

Nautilus said:
HoangNhatAnh said:

And PC.

Though if MS continues in this road, I can see them publishing their titles on PS in 5 to 10 years.

Yeah, PC too. And Sony, as long as they still have ps now, that would be almost impossible

Around the Network

The war is now over streaming services instead of hardware and streaming is a race to capture subscribers.
I did some investigation las5 month, and the world of streaming is all about trying to build the biggest market, profits be damned. Netflix makes a tiny operating profit compared to other entertainment companies and hides the cost of all it’s original content as capital expenditures. Spotify can’t make a profit even with something like 150 million subscribers.
My conclusion is these businesses will eat sh...er “losses” for a decade or two until the competition is weeded out even while they slowly raise prices or add advertising to their products. Netflix is cheaper than cable now, but add a couple more streaming services and watch them increase prices by $1 every year and we’ll see where we land.

BlackBeauty said:
Remember when Nintendo was supposed to go “third party” a couple years ago.

Whew child how the times have changed.

Yeah looks like MS were the ones to fall under pressure and not Nintendo. They are currently outsold about 5 to 1 WW by the ps4 and Switch so if they give people less reason to buy their own hardware itself sales won't be too healthy. I can see a point where MS are out of the hardware business and their games are played on ps5, switch, pc and mobile. Sony will be relieved to have one of it's main competitors on the hardware side gone. 

Next gen might get bloody Damn, I love it when the industry shifts on a tectonic level + it makes total sense for MS and Nintendo to have this kind of alliance, and not a MS/Sony or Nintendo/Sony one.

Vote the Mayor for Mayor!

CaptainExplosion said:
shikamaru317 said:

So, to summarize the details:

-Microsoft would potentially release Game Pass on Switch through their upcoming xCloud streaming service.
-Microsoft might publish some of their first party titles that make sense like Ori and the Blind Forest on Switch via ports.
-Announcement could come as soon as this year
-No details yet on rather Nintendo might return the favor by releasing some of their games on Xbox, though considering other recent rumors of a big Microsoft-Nintendo partnership next-gen, it is a possibility. 

I really don't want Nintendo releasing their games on Xbox. Microsoft already turned Banjo-Kazooie into an empty vehicle building game, who's to say they won't turn Mario into the next Gears of War?

What if they release Smash for the xbox with cross-play and Microsoft handles the dedicated servers :0

If they can get XCloud on Switch then I would be the happiest ever. MS would make a ton on software and finally have a "handheld" to complement their more powerful home console and Nintendo would sell even more consoles 🙂.