By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Rumor: MS to release Xbox Gamepass and Published titles on Switch

Darwinianevolution said:
How would the Game Pass work for Nintendo? Wouldn't it cannibalize their sales on their own platform?

yea, this deal only happens if Ninty gets a good chunk of the revenue made by gamepass for Switch

Around the Network
Darwinianevolution said:
How would the Game Pass work for Nintendo? Wouldn't it cannibalize their sales on their own platform?

Cannibalize what EXACLTY? Read Dead, Anthem aren’t on Switch

Wow. Microsoft could simply become third party and also provide online/streaming services to other gaming devices. That way they do not have to invest millions on hardware and still make money. This is good news for Nintendo and Switch 2 will benefit from this as well. Provided this rumor is true

Last edited by exclusive_console - on 22 February 2019

Man, if this is true, this will be a historical moment, the biggest one in decades.

Assuming this is true, it would mean that MS is finally going third party, even if in an unortodox way(since they would still have a console of their own).Having said that, this rumor is simply bonkers, on the highest of levels.

And Nintendo is never putting their games on Scarlet.Like never, especially considering that they didnt do that in gen 8 with the Wii U, and that the Switch is crazy successful.The only thing that I see as a possibility, and thats uber hard to happen and I dont believe in the slightest, is for old Nintendo games to be ported to Scarlet.Like Nes and Super Nintendo games.But again, I fully believe this is a "MS gave up on the console wars and wants to be a service based business" type of thing, in which what MS gains out of it is simply money from subs from Gamepass and from game sales.

My (locked) thread about how difficulty should be a decision for the developers, not the gamers.

https://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=241866&page=1

Pinkie_pie said:
Why switch and not ps4? Their games would be much easier to port over to and gamepass would be much more profitable on the ps4.

Easy: Sony is competing with MS in more markets than simply videogames.So it makes sense to help a company that wont get in the way of their core business like Nintendo, which is purely videogames-related.

But the biggest reason must be because Sony is trying to make their own subscription service to work, which is called PS Now.So allowing MS to put Gamepass on PS dosent make sense for Sony, at least for now.

My (locked) thread about how difficulty should be a decision for the developers, not the gamers.

Around the Network
BlackBeauty said:
Darwinianevolution said:

Cannibalize what EXACLTY? Read Dead, Anthem aren’t on Switch

First, this would make 3rd party devs in part complacent to port games into the Switch. "Just get it on the XBox and play it there. Second, Nintendo games would have to compete with the Game Pass games, reducing their profits. Third, Nintendo platforms would move less software overall, losing a chunk of their revenue.

You know it deserves the GOTY.

Come join The 2018 Obscure Game Monthly Review Thread.

JRPGfan said:
shikamaru317 said:

The report specifically mentions Ori and the Blind Forest as a possibility for direct porting to Switch. Some other possibilities that might make sense for Switch imo:

-Rare Replay
-Battletoads
-Super Lucky's Tale (already rumored for Switch by another source)
-ReCore (developed by former Metroid Prime devs)
-Cuphead

Thats nuts.... why even own a xbox at this point then?
Its like MS doesnt care where you play their games anymore..... why not just go multi-plat then?

Whats next? Halo,gears,forza also on PS4?

Actually one of those three are rumored to be also comming to the Switch natively.Obviously this is a rumor, so take this with fistful of salt.

Dr.Vita said:
No one can beat Playstation as the king of gaming so the competition has to team up together. lol

Seriously now this would be a very interesting step from Microsoft, what are their plans for the their next Xbox console?

I think this is more of a "MS cant handle both Sony and Nintendo so they need to team up with someone" than anything else really.

Dr.Vita said:
No one can beat Playstation as the king of gaming so the competition has to team up together. lol

Seriously now this would be a very interesting step from Microsoft, what are their plans for the their next Xbox console?

Makes it ironic with a name like yours.

*Makes eye with xbox fan, as a Nintendo fan. Slowly walks toward him. Shakily raises hand up to extend. Is then met with a firm handshake and a beaming smile that says "welcome to the Anti Sony Coalition. Welcome home!"