By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - About that Fire Emblem Three Houses...

Tagged games:

stardustcrusader said:

I think there is more to showcase with this game. It is easy to get the impression that it's a slice of life school setting seeing as to how that was the main demonstration of this trailer. But I see it as that this is one of the many features present, and more time is needed to convey other aspects of the game.

Personally I'm hoping that the story unfolds into a grand tale and Nintendo is keeping info discreet to surprise expectations.

On another note, I agree with the criticism about mediocre character design. None of the characters look particularly interesting or iconic.

welcome to the site  

Around the Network
stardustcrusader said:

I think there is more to showcase with this game. It is easy to get the impression that it's a slice of life school setting seeing as to how that was the main demonstration of this trailer. But I see it as that this is one of the many features present, and more time is needed to convey other aspects of the game.

Personally I'm hoping that the story unfolds into a grand tale and Nintendo is keeping info discreet to surprise expectations.

On another note, I agree with the criticism about mediocre character design. None of the characters look particularly interesting or iconic.

Most likely when you promote the characters on a certain class they will have different costumes. As of what we have seen, it seems like they take a "Noble" role and It is up to us to shape them. 

Pocky Lover Boy! 

The problem with Three Houses is that we didn't see any real stakes in the setting. It's just you as a teacher and your students doing training missions. Maybe this is just the prologue of the game and there will be real stakes and real war involved once the story gets going. If the teaching mechanic is actually the heart of the game though... I'm not interested. And I was really looking forward to this game.

There is clearly more of a story than just the school setting.

It is interesting to see the original E3 trailer in this new light.

https://youtu.be/-CJD8cSZ-C8

The main character from the Adestrian Empire is the main narrator in the first trailer. She talks about how wrong the current system governing the continent is, and tells the player character to remember her when she returns.  The fact that it is you she is leaving there is rather interesting and not something I would have realized before.

It looks to me like the school is the opening act before you rebel against the church all 3 kingdoms subscribe to.

Just watched the trailer a 3rd time to refresh myself on what was presented. They didn't really show off that much combat, but it looks like it has the same grid based fighting that we all love from the old FE games. Upgrading and teaching your students looks like a more robust version of Valkyria Chronicles' headquarters. Honestly, more options to customize characters in an RPG is always a good thing. The graphics and character design looked great. I'm not sure what kind of shader they are using, but this is the best looking anime-style game outside of Yokai Watch 4. You could see great lighting effects as the sun shined from behind players faces. Honestly, I don't know what you guys are talking about. This game looks awesome!

Last edited by Cerebralbore101 - on 15 February 2019

Around the Network
Cerebralbore101 said:

Just watched the trailer a 3rd time to refresh myself on what was presented. They didn't really show off that much combat, but it looks like it has the same grid based fighting that we all love from the old FE games. Upgrading and teaching your students looks like a more robust version of Valkyria Chronicles' headquarters. Honestly, more options to customize characters in an RPG is always a good thing. The graphics and character design looked great. I'm not sure what kind of shader they are using, but this is the best looking anime-style game outside of Yokai Watch 4. You could see great lighting effects as the sun shined from behind players faces. Honestly, I don't know what you guys are talking about. This game looks awesome!

Best looking anime game? Did you play Persona 5?

I thought it looked great personally, like Harry Potter + Fire Emblem, lol.

Regardless of what people say here this is going to slay when it comes out school like settings are hugely popular in Japanese media and the Harry Potter like factions is going to appeal to western audiences.

Faelco said:
Cerebralbore101 said:

You wrote Dragon Quest 11 wrong

Faelco said:
Cerebralbore101 said:

Whoops. Yeah outside of Persona 5, Yokai Watch 4, and maybe, just maybe DQ11. But DQ11's shaders don't really make it look like an anime anymore.