By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - About that Fire Emblem Three Houses...

Tagged games:

Thought it was funny that they were like, "stay tuned for this Fire Emblem Direct" and then it got totally overshadowed by Mario, Zelda, DQ 11, etc....

The game looks good to me, but the presentation was just terrible. I know that I prefer playing Fire Emblem on a home console, so that alone has me excited. But there were a lot of other games in the Direct that got me excited too. FE didn't make my top 5 of the Direct, but it still looks good. Might not get it this year though.

Around the Network
The_Liquid_Laser said:
Thought it was funny that they were like, "stay tuned for this Fire Emblem Direct" and then it got totally overshadowed by Mario, Zelda, DQ 11, etc....

The game looks good to me, but the presentation was just terrible. I know that I prefer playing Fire Emblem on a home console, so that alone has me excited. But there were a lot of other games in the Direct that got me excited too. FE didn't make my top 5 of the Direct, but it still looks good. Might not get it this year though.

Technically, they said stay tuned for games, including Fire Emblem. All it did was point out that more information on Three Houses will be shown.

I think there is more to showcase with this game. It is easy to get the impression that it's a slice of life school setting seeing as to how that was the main demonstration of this trailer. But I see it as that this is one of the many features present, and more time is needed to convey other aspects of the game.

Personally I'm hoping that the story unfolds into a grand tale and Nintendo is keeping info discreet to surprise expectations.

On another note, I agree with the criticism about mediocre character design. None of the characters look particularly interesting or iconic.

pikashoe said:
irstupid said:
I'm excited. I'm sure there will be some grand story that was completely omitted in the direct.

But been playing a bit of Harry Potter Hogwards Battle the card game and so the whole Fire Emblem Hogwarts seems neat. I feel you will really get to know the characters on a personal level before the game starts to get 'intense'

The training of characters looks cool and more thematic than just oh I'm going to drop this scroll on them and they went from a healer to a completely random class.

But you know there has to be some grand scheme, plot. You don't just have kids at school and them learning and doing assignments as a game. Also three houses means this game will immediately have 3 times replayability.

This trailer seemed very focused on the early parts of the game.I imagine something terrible will happen and you'll have to go on an epic quest and sort everything out with your students.

Yeah it feels like what we have seen is the prologue or the introduction / Episode 0 / When Animes gets 1 hour in the first episode to set everything up. 

Pocky Lover Boy! 

Kai_Mao said:
The_Liquid_Laser said:

Technically, they said stay tuned for games, including Fire Emblem. All it did was point out that more information on Three Houses will be shown.

Yep, that is how they said it, and that makes it seem like Fire Emblem is the main featured game.  

Around the Network
stardustcrusader said:

I think there is more to showcase with this game. It is easy to get the impression that it's a slice of life school setting seeing as to how that was the main demonstration of this trailer. But I see it as that this is one of the many features present, and more time is needed to convey other aspects of the game.

Personally I'm hoping that the story unfolds into a grand tale and Nintendo is keeping info discreet to surprise expectations.

On another note, I agree with the criticism about mediocre character design. None of the characters look particularly interesting or iconic.

welcome to the site  

stardustcrusader said:

Most likely when you promote the characters on a certain class they will have different costumes. As of what we have seen, it seems like they take a "Noble" role and It is up to us to shape them. 

Pocky Lover Boy! 

The problem with Three Houses is that we didn't see any real stakes in the setting. It's just you as a teacher and your students doing training missions. Maybe this is just the prologue of the game and there will be real stakes and real war involved once the story gets going. If the teaching mechanic is actually the heart of the game though... I'm not interested. And I was really looking forward to this game.

There is clearly more of a story than just the school setting.

It is interesting to see the original E3 trailer in this new light.

https://youtu.be/-CJD8cSZ-C8

The main character from the Adestrian Empire is the main narrator in the first trailer. She talks about how wrong the current system governing the continent is, and tells the player character to remember her when she returns.  The fact that it is you she is leaving there is rather interesting and not something I would have realized before.

It looks to me like the school is the opening act before you rebel against the church all 3 kingdoms subscribe to.

Just watched the trailer a 3rd time to refresh myself on what was presented. They didn't really show off that much combat, but it looks like it has the same grid based fighting that we all love from the old FE games. Upgrading and teaching your students looks like a more robust version of Valkyria Chronicles' headquarters. Honestly, more options to customize characters in an RPG is always a good thing. The graphics and character design looked great. I'm not sure what kind of shader they are using, but this is the best looking anime-style game outside of Yokai Watch 4. You could see great lighting effects as the sun shined from behind players faces. Honestly, I don't know what you guys are talking about. This game looks awesome!

Last edited by Cerebralbore101 - on 15 February 2019