Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Can Switch get a port of Devil May Cry 5

Can Panic Button do it?

Yes, they can 13 36.11%

No, it will be like Ark 12 33.33%

Yes, but I don't want it 4 11.11%

No, because I don't like Devil May Cry 1 2.78%

Yes, because I want more ... 6 16.67%

Total:36

Devil May Cry 5 is a 4K 60 fps game on Xbox One X. Its supposedly 1080p 60 fps on PS4. You know another game which was 1080p 60 fps on PS4? Doom. Doom also got a Switch port because there was evidently room to cut down a 1080p 60 fps PS4 game to a 576p 30 fps Switch game on portable mode with regular drop below that with reduced setting. As it is 4K 60 fps on Xbox One X that may be evidence that they have a lot of room to play with and Switch might benefit.

There can be arguments made on whether 30 fps version of Devil May Cry is a good version as the series relies on fast movements and animations but it'll certainly be playable. I'd rather have Devil May Cry 5 on Switch than not and it'll be fun to have a portable version.

Last edited by GOWTLOZ - on 16 January 2019

Around the Network

Yeah, but if Capcom did not bother with MH Ultimate due to power constrains, they won't bother with this one, even if is "technicaly" feasible.

You know it deserves the GOTY.

Come join The 2018 Obscure Game Monthly Review Thread.

I'll take one without V and with the art style of 4.

I guess they "can" (with compromises of course), but will they?....I doubt it.

No Capcom has proven to be quite lazy in regards to Switch

Around the Network

Nah. If they didn't bother with a non-streaming version of RE7 by now then they're not going to bother with DMC5. Capcom is going to treat the Switch the same way western 3rd parties treated the Wii and DS: as a dumping ground for cheap to develop games and ports. The biggest project the Switch will probably get is an exclusive Monster Hunter game and that's only because of the Japanese market.

GOWTLOZ said:

Doom also got a Switch port because there was evidently room to cut down a 1080p 60 fps PS4 game to a 480p 30 fps Switch game with reduced setting.

Doom on Switch is not 480p, at least not in docked mode, it's 720p-576p.

As to the topic question, can it be done? Yes. Will it be done? No, Crapcom seem allergic to treating Switch owners with anything but contempt.

I believe that it could easily, and should come to Switch. I love the hack and slash style that Bayonetta and DMC offer, and I would love to have them both on the go.

HOWEVER...given how we did not even get the original trilogy...I highly doubt Capcom likes money enough to bring it to Switch.

Nintendo Switch Friend Code: SW-5643-2927-1984

Animal Crossing NH Dream Address: DA-1078-9916-3261

GOWTLOZ said:

Doom also got a Switch port because there was evidently room to cut down a 1080p 60 fps PS4 game to a 480p 30 fps Switch game with reduced setting. 

Yeah, no. 720p game, especially with the latest patch.

No, it's probably too much work to get the RE engine running on the Switch which was just recently built ground up for Capcom's future internally developed games and it was a very painful transition for them to create a current generation custom engine. Their RE engine is the equivalent of EA's Frostbite 3 which also doesn't support the Switch currently ...