Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Can Switch get a port of Devil May Cry 5

Can Panic Button do it?

Yes, they can 13 36.11%

No, it will be like Ark 12 33.33%

Yes, but I don't want it 4 11.11%

No, because I don't like Devil May Cry 1 2.78%

Yes, because I want more ... 6 16.67%

Total:36

Also "it will be like Ark" is a ridiculous claim. Ark looks as hideous as it does solely because of how utterly incompetent its developers are. Unless we're implying the DMC5 team are making a game that can't maintain 1080p/30 on Xbox One X, I suspect any votes for that are just people looking for a chance to bash the Switch.

Last edited by curl-6 - on 05 January 2019

Bet with Liquidlaser: I say PS5 and Xbox Series will sell more than 56 million combined by the end of 2023.

Around the Network

I think Capcom could do it.
It uses the RE engine, which, as we've seen with RE7, can be designed to be heavily scalable (for the purpose of VR, in RE7's case). I'm not sure how that goes when they aim for higher graphical fidelity, but just based on what we know (or more like don't know) it doesn't look unreasonable.

As you say, it aims for 60fps on on PS4 and XBO, so there's a lot of room for optimization there by halving the frames, which are not essential to this type of game. Unlike fighting games.

Last edited by Hiku - on 05 January 2019

Darwinianevolution said:
Yeah, but if Capcom did not bother with MH Ultimate due to power constrains, they won't bother with this one, even if is "technicaly" feasible.

Such a strange comparison. 

Monster Hunter World isn't even consistent 30fps on base consoles that are way more powerful than Switch.  

It's not the same as DMCV at all, although I can't say I have hope for it coming to Switch. 

AngryLittleAlchemist said:
Darwinianevolution said:
Yeah, but if Capcom did not bother with MH Ultimate due to power constrains, they won't bother with this one, even if is "technicaly" feasible.

Monster Hunter World isn't even consistent 30fps on base consoles that are way more powerful than Switch.  

It's not the same as DMCV at all, although I can't say I have hope for it coming to Switch. 

I was comparing them in the sense of sales potential. A MH game on a Nintendo handheld has wayyyyyy more sales potential than a hack and slash of a relatively small series. And yet Capcom did not bother with it. Considering it's neither a potential multiplayer cash cow nor a simple quick port, they are not even going to consider it.

You know it deserves the GOTY.

Come join The 2018 Obscure Game Monthly Review Thread.

RE7 should tell you the answer

Around the Network
Darwinianevolution said:

I was comparing them in the sense of sales potential. A MH game on a Nintendo handheld has wayyyyyy more sales potential than a hack and slash of a relatively small series. And yet Capcom did not bother with it. Considering it's neither a potential multiplayer cash cow nor a simple quick port, they are not even going to consider it.

Yes, but considering potential difficulties in making MHW work adequately on Switch, a better alternative may simply be to start development on a MH Switch, which I assume they did some time ago.

Darwinianevolution said:

Ahhhh ok! I was like "what?" lol! 

That makes more sense. Although, I don't know ... maybe the fact that DMCV is more single-player oriented, and needs the sales more than MH will make it get a higher chance to be ported? I doubt it, though. 

Hiku said:

Yes, but considering potential difficulties in making MHW work adequately on Switch, a better alternative may simply be to start development on a MH Switch, which I assume they did some time ago.

They'd better have, MH on Switch is just such an obvious fit they'd be insane not to. 

Bet with Liquidlaser: I say PS5 and Xbox Series will sell more than 56 million combined by the end of 2023.

Bayonetta 3

...that's all.

KLXVER said:
Bayonetta 3

...that's all.

Along with Metroid Prime 4, the Half-Life 3 of the Switch. :(

Last edited by curl-6 - on 05 January 2019