Can Panic Button do it?

Yes, they can 13 36.11%

No, it will be like Ark 12 33.33%

Yes, but I don't want it 4 11.11%

No, because I don't like Devil May Cry 1 2.78%

Yes, because I want more ... 6 16.67%

Total:36
routsounmanman said:
I expect nothing of Capcom anymore. Besides, there'd be no point. DMC games are all about fast paced action and spectacle. Why would anyone purchase the graphically inferior version? Portability aside, that is.

I might buy it since I own a Switch and not a PS4 or Xbox One.

Bet with Liquidlaser: I say PS5 and Xbox Series will sell more than 56 million combined by the end of 2023.

Around the Network
SKMBlake said:
GOWTLOZ said:

Doom also got a Switch port because there was evidently room to cut down a 1080p 60 fps PS4 game to a 480p 30 fps Switch game with reduced setting. 

Yeah, no. 720p game, especially with the latest patch.

On portable its 480p.

Is doom really 420p on switch?

GOWTLOZ said:
SKMBlake said:

On portable its 480p.

So you take the worst option thats not even comparable to ps4? Surely docked 720p would be the way to compare it to base ps4? I think you should change the OP to avoid flaming.

GOWTLOZ said:
SKMBlake said:

On portable its 480p.

You know the way you said it is misleading on purpose, right ?

"Quagmire, are you the type of guy who takes 'no' for an answer ?"
"My lawyer doesn't allow me to answer that question"

PSN ID: skmblake | Feel free to add me

Around the Network

DMC5? I wont hold my breath, but I can see DMC1-4 being ported to Switch.

Nogamez said:

It can drop to it, yes.

Nogamez said:
GOWTLOZ said:

On portable its 480p.

So you take the worst option thats not even comparable to ps4? Surely docked 720p would be the way to compare it to base ps4? I think you should change the OP to avoid flaming.

I like how its flaming to state facts. The entire reason to have Switch versions of multiplatform games is the portability. The docked mode is essentially the worst way to play any current gen game on a TV. Which is why I want DMC 5 on Switch.

SKMBlake said:
GOWTLOZ said:

On portable its 480p.

No its not. The reason to even have it on Switch is the portability hence I only care about portable performance. The docked mode would be the worst way to play the game on TV so why would I when I have a PS4 and PC.

Its also worth noting that if a game can run on Switch docked mode but is absolutely abhorrent in handheld mode like Xenoblade Chronicles 2, Wolfenstein and Doom were at release the game would get flak for it which is why it needs to be able to perform decently on portable.

Doubt it. It will be too much work for capcom to be interested in making a proper port

Sure. Any game can be ported to any platform with enough work, imagination, and lowered expectations. But is Capcom gonna put the effort in? Would people buy it if they did put in a solid effort? I somehow doubt both.

GOWTLOZ said:
Nogamez said:

It can drop to it, yes.

Nogamez said:

I like how its flaming to state facts. The entire reason to have Switch versions of multiplatform games is the portability. The docked mode is essentially the worst way to play any current gen game on a TV. Which is why I want DMC 5 on Switch.

SKMBlake said:

No its not. The reason to even have it on Switch is the portability hence I only care about portable performance. The docked mode would be the worst way to play the game on TV so why would I when I have a PS4 and PC.

Its also worth noting that if a game can run on Switch docked mode but is absolutely abhorrent in handheld mode like Xenoblade Chronicles 2, Wolfenstein and Doom were at release the game would get flak for it which is why it needs to be able to perform decently on portable.

I bought Doom on Switch and have never played it in portable mode.

Let's not beat around the bush, your post was misleading. Not only did you not specify "in portable mode" in the OP, but as the game has a dynamic resolution, calling it an anything-p game is inaccurate. You should at least amend your statement to "can drop to SD in portable mode".

Bet with Liquidlaser: I say PS5 and Xbox Series will sell more than 56 million combined by the end of 2023.