By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Movies & TV - Spider-Man: Into the Spiderverse

smroadkill15 said:
One of my favorite movies released this year, and the best Spider-man movie! It was such a well made film with gorgeous visuals, great story, fun soundtrack, and clever writing. It makes me hope they do a sequel!

Sequel's already been greenlit, along with a Spider-Gwen film.

Around the Network
TallSilhouette said:
smroadkill15 said:
One of my favorite movies released this year, and the best Spider-man movie! It was such a well made film with gorgeous visuals, great story, fun soundtrack, and clever writing. It makes me hope they do a sequel!

I did not know that. Wonderful news!

Well the Golden Globes completely got it wrong when they gave best Drama movie to Bohemian Rhapsody that was the worst movie in that category and on top of that it should have been in the Musical or Comedy category instead of the Drama category. Vice should have been in the Drama category and won it and A Star is Born should have been in the Musical or Comedy category and won it.

smroadkill15 said:
TallSilhouette said:

I did not know that. Wonderful news!

Agreed. The concept alone provides plenty of options for sequels/Spidermultiverse tie-ins.

Chris Hu said:
Well the Golden Globes completely got it wrong when they gave best Drama movie to Bohemian Rhapsody that was the worst movie in that category and on top of that it should have been in the Musical or Comedy category instead of the Drama category. Vice should have been in the Drama category and won it and A Star is Born should have been in the Musical or Comedy category and won it.

I agree with almost everything you said but the Golden Globes are really not worth wasting any brainpower thinking about. It's just 90 random dudes that pick the winners.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F1gWECYYOSo

Please Watch/Share this video so it gets shown in Hollywood.

Around the Network

I have not, but after seeing the preview I want to see it so badly.

Dance my pretties!

The Official Art Thread      -      The Official Manga Thread      -      The Official Starbound Thread

Our boy is doing great. It is now at $170 million at the domestic box office, officially making it Sony Pictures Animation's top grossing film ever. Spiderverse is also the favorite to win the Best Animated Feature category at this month's Academy Awards. A big reason for its success is that it was the only new Animated movie to play in the December and January leading to great holds each weekend and great word of mouth. It should fall harder next weekend with the release of the Lego Movie Part 2 and then How to Train Your Dragon 3 later in the month.

Signalstar said:
Our boy is doing great. It is now at $170 million at the domestic box office, officially making it Sony Pictures Animation's top grossing film ever. Spiderverse is also the favorite to win the Best Animated Feature category at this month's Academy Awards. A big reason for its success is that it was the only new Animated movie to play in the December and January leading to great holds each weekend and great word of mouth. It should fall harder next weekend with the release of the Lego Movie Part 2 and then How to Train Your Dragon 3 later in the month.

That's pretty awesome, it really was a movie that was well crafted and it made me smile watching it to see they tried to make it appeal to such a wide range of audiences with the multiple versions of the main character, I think everyone could have someone they connected to while watching it, be it the semi failure Parker, the child Parker or even the Gwen Parker, they fairly subtly ticked off all the boxes.... heck they even nailed the eastern market with their characters.... and the pig market! Everyone gets something from going to see it.

Also... that Stan Lee cameo ... did anyone else have onion in their theater for that scene? could have just been someone near me going hard with the onions... that's gotta be it!

Why not check me out on youtube and help me on the way to 2k subs over at www.youtube.com/stormcloudlive

It is a good film in many ways.  Animation is amazing.

A little late but...

Congratulations to Spider-Man: Into the Spiderverse for winning the Oscar for Best Animated Feature. It the first Oscar for Sony Pictures Animation as a studio. Well deserved. Box Office is $183 Million domestically and $175 Million internationally. About $ 360 Million worldwide. Still deserves so much more.