By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Movies & TV - Spider-Man: Into the Spiderverse

Even with Infinity War, Incredibles 2, Black Panther, Deadpool 2, ect. this still manages to be my favorite super hero movie of the year. Actually, one of my favorite movies in general.

Around the Network

I made the mistake of letting myself to get overhyped by it and so coming in my expectations were too high.  So I was kinda expecting a little bit more.

Nevertheless, I had a great time watching it and would certainly put it as my second favorite Spiderman movie.

I had extremely low expectations though. An animated superhero movie didn't sound very good to me. But, as it turns out, I liked it a lot. I wish I had seen it in 3D though. It looks to me like it would have made good use of that technology. So, to anyone here that hasn't yet seen it, spend an extra few bucks for the 3D experience

I'm not overly interested in seeing it, but will watch it some day. TBH, I was kinda shocked at how "choppy" the animation appears to be, but from what I gleaned in a bit of research, it was an artistic choice to make it animate as it does, as opposed to the constraints of a small budget, or lack of talent. The art style itself is fine, but I find the animation unappealing.

- "If you have the heart of a true winner, you can always get more pissed off than some other asshole."

Clank said:
I was a bit disappointed by homecoming (I found it really boring after some time) but reading your reviews Ill give this one a chance!

As someone who thought Homecoming was mediocre, Spiderverse was up there with Infinity War as one of 2018's best. It's arguably the best Spiderman movie ever, and I really like most of them.

It's not doing too well at the box office right now and that's a shame. But seeing the massive amount of competition, I can kinda see why, even though it's better than everything else out right now.

Around the Network
StriderKiwi said:
Clank said:
I was a bit disappointed by homecoming (I found it really boring after some time) but reading your reviews Ill give this one a chance!

As someone who thought Homecoming was mediocre, Spiderverse was up there with Infinity War as one of 2018's best. It's arguably the best Spiderman movie ever, and I really like most of them.

It's not doing too well at the box office right now and that's a shame. But seeing the massive amount of competition, I can kinda see why, even though it's better than everything else out right now.

Hmm, I guess you cant compare its numbers with pixar or walt disney studios and all their marketing. The hype for this movie was much less but I think it will reach good numbers!

I saw it this weekend and really loved it. Really I thought all the good superhero movies already came out this year, and then this one comes in for a strong finish. Right now what I am really trying to figure out if I should call 2018 the "year of the Spider-Man" or "year of the super hero".

For "Spider-Man" we had the following this year: Infinity War, Venom, Spiderverse and the PS4 game

For "super hero" we had: Black Panther, Infinity War, Antman and the Wasp, Incredibles 2, Deadpool 2, Venom, Aquaman, Teen Titans, and Spiderverse

Pretty impressive either way.

It's amazing and sad they spent 90 million on this movie.

Amazing because we got one of the most visually impressive movies I've ever seen. Sad because it will never make that money back and be seen as a failure.

Also, it was a pretty damn good Spider-Man movie.

twesterm said:
It's amazing and sad they spent 90 million on this movie.

Amazing because we got one of the most visually impressive movies I've ever seen. Sad because it will never make that money back and be seen as a failure.

Also, it was a pretty damn good Spider-Man movie.

A) Where the F have you been man?

B) So far it has made $103 Million Domestically and $109 Million at the Foreign Box Office for a Worldwide total of $213 Million so far.

https://www.boxofficemojo.com/movies/?id=animatedspider-man.htm

The film is just getting started at the box office. I do not know where you guys are getting the idea that it is a failure from. It's done as well as expected so far. It increased 11% from last weekend to this weekend at the box office. It is expected to play well into January which is a weak month for new releases. It should easily pass the $170 million mark of Hotel Transylvania 2 to become Sony Pictures Animation top grossing movie in the USA ever. It has a great chance of passing the $202 million that Amazing Spider-Man 2 made in the US even though that movie cost way more. From there it is not a stretch to pass Venom at $213 Million. This movie is doing great so far!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F1gWECYYOSo

Please Watch/Share this video so it gets shown in Hollywood.

Wow, it has made that much? That's great! Someone had told me a few weeks ago it did really badly opening weekend and I just believed them.