By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - God Of War Wins Game of the Year at Game Awards

Tmfwang said:
loy310 said:
People that selected RD2 over GOW to win goty most likely a R* fanboy and not really into games that much.

I would assume that a lot of people would vote for RDR2 instead of GoW simply because GoW is not on their preferred platform...

Well, understandable. Usually people only vote for stuff they experienced themself. How should they vote on GoW, if they never played it. That's exactly the reason I think, a GOTY is harder to get for an exclusive than for a multiplat game. Makes the success more impressive IMHO.

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [peak year] [+], [1], [2], [3], [4]

Around the Network

Fantastic game, really happy for Santa Monica Studios and all the developers who created this masterpiece!

Completely deserved.Not only its an excellent game, but its a brilliant reimagening of the franchise.

Also really happy that read Dead 2 didnt win.

My (locked) thread about how difficulty should be a decision for the developers, not the gamers.

https://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=241866&page=1

Mnementh said:
Tmfwang said:

I would assume that a lot of people would vote for RDR2 instead of GoW simply because GoW is not on their preferred platform...

Well, understandable. Usually people only vote for stuff they experienced themself. How should they vote on GoW, if they never played it. That's exactly the reason I think, a GOTY is harder to get for an exclusive than for a multiplat game. Makes the success more impressive IMHO.

Nah, if you did not go out and buy a PS4 to play GOW then you a fan boy 🙂🙂

Very well deserved.

GOW was a reboot of the franchise and went about adventure and RPG and world design like only a few games has ever managed. That level design effect where you know where you are by landmarks and scenery that very few open world games has accomplished. The game was realy a breath of fresh air in so many ways.

I really feel RDR2 is overatted. Its basically the exact same game with a few new mechanics, prettier graphics and thats it. Its a great game... but if you have played RDR or GTA you pretty much know what you are getting.

I also really feel GOW should have won best audio/music too though. Its min them is literally iconic already. That kinda sound that 5 years from now a black screen can be shown with just 4 seconds of its main theme and everyone will know what it is. RDR2 music is already forgettable and generic. IMO, as far as game music goes, not nly should it sound good but it should carry the franchise such that whenever you hear it you know what game it is.

And what does this say about metacritic and review scores? This just adds to my resolved that game reviews are joke.

FUN FACT:

RDR2. 97MC, 72 User reviews

GOW. 94MC, 92 User reviews

Last edited by Intrinsic - on 07 December 2018

Around the Network

I did not held much hope for them to win with RDR2 getting so much attention but damn they really suprised me at the end and i am very happy they won.

John2290 said:
Azuren said:
Maybe now Sony will release a GotY Edition at a discount...

All game nominees are discounted on the main three console platforms E stores and the Epic store, I believe. 

Fuck digital. I learned my lesson with Scott Pilgrim.

Watch me stream games and hunt trophies on my Twitch channel!

Check out my Twitch Channel!:

www.twitch.tv/AzurenGames

God of War totally deserved to win, absolute masterpiece.

Red Dead Redemption 2 is very overrated, not sure how Rockstar got away with the terrible gameplay, I didn't even pay for the game but after an hour I never want to play it again.

I loved Red Dead Redemption so I'm pretty disappointed at how much I dislike the sequel, oh well.

John2290 said:
Azuren said:

Fuck digital. I learned my lesson with Scott Pilgrim.

Just back up what you need to a HDD. Same as having games on disks without the disks. I have some games on two playstations and two HDD's and it's a minor inconvenience to change to primary console settings for such convenience of not having to mess with piles of cases and discs in two seperate locations. 

Nope.

Fuck digital.

Watch me stream games and hunt trophies on my Twitch channel!

Check out my Twitch Channel!:

www.twitch.tv/AzurenGames

Thank god. This game truly deserved it.

@Azuren

Preach

Nintendo Switch Friend Code: SW-5643-2927-1984

Animal Crossing NH Dream Address: DA-1078-9916-3261