By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - God Of War Wins Game of the Year at Game Awards

God of War deserved it imo

Around the Network
ResilientFighter said:
RaptorChrist said:

He was pointing out how you contradicted yourself. It was quite clever, actually.

Thats bullshit 

High sales on a game or twitter followers and YouTube content creating is not equivalent to high viewers of the most acclaimed award show in gaming. How many oscars did the top 10 highest grossing movies of all time get in total? In sports as another example the MVP does not always win the championship or even make it to the final match they win it based on talent shown that year. The award means a ton to them because its from the biggest award giver they are not working hard to get the award from a small magazine or newspaper just like game devs from all around the world say their goal is to win the game award trophies just like monster hunter world devs said last night 

The game awards is so fucking important that it managed to get sony nintendo and xbox to join together on stage and tell everyone we are all United no matter what console you play on. 

Clever? Whatever makes you guys happy it won't change the facts God of War is GOTY 2018 and it beat none other than monster sales red dead redemption 2 

The game awards is still regarded by many as a bit of a joke, yea its good fun to watch and there are some good reveals but its no where near the levels of oscars. At the end of the day RDR2 outscored GoW on both Meta and opencritic, but that didnt dictate it. Just opinions, stop trying to make the the game awards something it's not just because your prefered game won.

Double Post

Last edited by CGI-Quality - on 07 December 2018

pokoko said:
ResilientFighter said:

Well you are wrong and the award was given to the better game not the best selling or most popular on social media

God of War is officially game of the year at the most watched gaming award show in the world you can still have your personal opinion of course 

Being more popular, as you said, doesn't mean it's more valid.  It's just one of many "GOTY" awards that will be handed out.

65 gaming media outlets are involved in the nominations and ratings plus the public has a vote as well. I’d definitely say it’s the by far most credible and respectable GOTY award out there. Nothing else comes close on terms of worldwide range and participation.

taus90 said:

PS - I believe GOW war should have won best soundtrack award too

Imho best soundtrack should’ve gone to Astro Bot, but that sadly wasn’t even nominated.

To be frank it even is my GOTY. It definitely was GoW and than Astro Bot happened.

Around the Network
Libara said:
ResilientFighter said:

Thats bullshit 

High sales on a game or twitter followers and YouTube content creating is not equivalent to high viewers of the most acclaimed award show in gaming. How many oscars did the top 10 highest grossing movies of all time get in total? In sports as another example the MVP does not always win the championship or even make it to the final match they win it based on talent shown that year. The award means a ton to them because its from the biggest award giver they are not working hard to get the award from a small magazine or newspaper just like game devs from all around the world say their goal is to win the game award trophies just like monster hunter world devs said last night 

The game awards is so fucking important that it managed to get sony nintendo and xbox to join together on stage and tell everyone we are all United no matter what console you play on. 

Clever? Whatever makes you guys happy it won't change the facts God of War is GOTY 2018 and it beat none other than monster sales red dead redemption 2 

The game awards is still regarded by many as a bit of a joke, yea its good fun to watch and there are some good reveals but its no where near the levels of oscars. At the end of the day RDR2 outsold and outscored GoW on both Meta and opencritic, but that didnt dictate it. Just opinions, stop trying to make the the game awards something it's not just because your prefered game won.

Boy! Its sad how many excuses people make when they lose, your bitter opinion of the game awards is wrong the show is respected and loved by the gaming giant companies and developers and the writers and reviewers in the world that make a living critiquing video games. Feel free to show cold hard facts and evidence the game awards is ridiculed and seen as a joke by tons of people YOU CAN'T THATS FALSE 

Great choice! Red Dead 2 could’ve taken this award but it easily could’ve gone either way. Also, predictably those who think this is a great choice and those who disagree are exactly who I thought they’d be.

PC GAMING: BEST GAMES. WORST CONTROLS

A mouse & keyboard are made for sending email and typing internet badassery. Not for playing video games!!!

GAME OF THE YEAR !

Last edited by Keiji - on 07 December 2018

haven't played my copy yet. still somewhat happy it won RDR 2 has way too many gameplay problems for me to consider it goty

John2290 said:
Errorist76 said:

Imho best soundtrack should’ve gone to Astro Bot, but that sadly wasn’t even nominated.

To be frank it even is my GOTY. It definitely was GoW and than Astro Bot happened.

That ear worm mess, I had to play with the sound off at times so I wouldn't end up with it playing on the back of my mind for hours and hours. 

Exactly..probably the most catchy and video-gamey in a nostalgic way soundtrack I’ve heard in the last decade. It’s incredibly uplifting and yes, the ear worms are real.