By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - God Of War Wins Game of the Year at Game Awards

Well, GOW is my GOTG but i don't care so much about this award, but congrats to SSM.

This award proves that RDR2 is literally, by definition, overrated. How a game that received 97 metacritic by the media just nearly 2 months ago doesn't win GOTY in a awards show given by the votes of the same media??? Yes, yes, i know that a review is just a writer and here are the democratic votes of each gaming site members, but it's still absurd.

I called RDR2 overrated like GTA IV was or Super Mario Odyssey was, and again, today, they proved me again that some games by some companies receive a free pass at reviews or that those reviews are more like disguised marketing than everything else, and this makes the gaming press media absolutely untrustworthy and useless....

VGC own review described far better my feelings about the game than 99% of the "superprofessional" and high budget gaming press....

Around the Network

Gratulation @The God of War
Absolutely deserved, even though games like Red Dead Redemption 2, Detroit Become Human, Spiderman and Dragon Quest Xi were awesome as well. There can only be one winner, the developers of God of War have my respect.

People that selected RD2 over GOW to win goty most likely a R* fanboy and not really into games that much.

Mr Puggsly said:
Ive only played a few hours of GoW. Its kinda boring to me, combat is average, puzzles are tedious. Good story telling but I dont think its a great GAME.

You always are hating on playstation exclusives sinces you joined this site like a decade ago yet they still find ways to win GOTY or get nominated for it almost every year hmmm interesting, feel free to start an award show where millions worldwide tune in and vote then get important video game people to decide which games are the best each year so someone online calls your choices boring or not great... 

Wow GOW won GOTY?! THAT'S WHAT I'M TALKING ABOUT!!!! I've been a huge fan of this series since '05. To see it finally getting it's just due critically is phenomenal. RDR2 will still win GOTY in other people's eyes. Nothing wrong with that. The race between the 2 is a very close one indeed.

PSN ID- RayCrocheron82

XBL Gamertag- RAFIE82

NNID- RAFIE82/ Friend Code: SW-6006-2580-8237

YouTube- Rafie Crocheron

Around the Network

Yeah, whatever, one of the best game of all time wins goty, how surprising

I'm fine with this, but the one that was the most shockingly impactful on me was Celeste. That game is astounding and still gives me goosebumps because of how it addresses anxiety amongst othet things. Celeste was the GotY for me, persknally, but I get why gow won.

It beat out RDR2! holy sh*t!
Was hopeing this would happen, but expecting it to get cheated.

ResilientFighter said:
shikamaru317 said:
God of War was good, but RDR2 is better for sure. Still not as good as RDR1 though.

Well you are wrong and the award was given to the better game not the best selling or most popular on social media

God of War is officially game of the year at the most watched gaming award show in the world you can still have your personal opinion of course 

^ this.
I was expecting the multiplat that sold better to get the award, based on sales instead of how well the games where made.

loy310 said:
People that selected RD2 over GOW to win goty most likely a R* fanboy and not really into games that much.

I would assume that a lot of people would vote for RDR2 instead of GoW simply because GoW is not on their preferred platform...

Predicted 15+ million lifetime-sales for God of War:

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=234612&page=1