By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - God Of War Wins Game of the Year at Game Awards

Great for the team, it was really neck and neck with GoW and RDR2 for me, can't even remember why I never voted, really nice to know one of the two won.

Nintendo Switch FC: SW-6340-7643-4233 aka Renji

Steam: Lee Roid

Around the Network

Poor Spidey:(

Well that was a pleasant surprise. I expected RDR2 to clean house considering how the night was going. GOW deserves it in my mind as the better rounded of the two.

Well deserved. Amazing game and experience. Congrats.

Congrats to GoW, and a bit surprising. I expected RDR2 to take pretty much everything home.

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [peak year] [+], [1], [2], [3], [4]

Around the Network

Yay congratulations!

CPU: Ryzen 7950X
GPU: MSI 4090 SUPRIM X 24G
Motherboard: MSI MEG X670E GODLIKE
RAM: CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM 32GB DDR5
SSD: Kingston FURY Renegade 4TB
Gaming Console: PLAYSTATION 5

Deserved, gameplay over narrative.RDR2 to me at least feels too sluggish/slow.

The reason GOW deserves GOTY is that If 3 years back somebody told me that the next RDR will be GOTY whenever released, I would have said yes obviously.. and if somebody told me next GOW will win GOTY I would have laughed at him. Thats how impressive GOW has been.

Also in my eyes this is redemption for 2013, with GTA5 rockstar snatched GOTY from The Last of US.

PS - I believe GOW war should have won best soundtrack award too

Mr Puggsly said:
Ive only played a few hours of GoW. Its kinda boring to me, combat is average, puzzles are tedious. Good story telling but I dont think its a great GAME.

You just won "Salt of the year" award with that coment, bro. God job, well deserved, well desreved 😂😂😂

⚠️ WARNED: Flaming ~ CGI

Last edited by CGI-Quality - on 08 December 2018

GOTY = God of the Year

Predicted 15+ million lifetime-sales for God of War:

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=234612&page=1