By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Japan Sales Week 47 Media Create/Famitsu/Dengeki - November 19-25 2018

quickrick said:
Acevil said:

I don't know what you are talking about, Let's Go has been hated on by the Pokemon community at large, so many thought it would downright flop.

Think you are confusing new Pokemon Game (What people thought might come this year, but is coming next year) with "let's go". So please show me many people disillusioned.  I personally think you make claims, that contradict your own statements, get called out on it, and make even bigger outlandish statements. 

many people hated on it of course but most sales people thought it would do gang busters, and drive hardware sales to insanity.

Unquantified statements like "many", "most" and stuff like that. But everyone can play the game. Most people here expected Let's Go to flop hard, and many expected only small boosts to Switch hardware.

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [peak year] [+], [1], [2], [3], [4]

Around the Network
Mnementh said:
quickrick said:

many people hated on it of course but most sales people thought it would do gang busters, and drive hardware sales to insanity.

Unquantified statements like "many", "most" and stuff like that. But everyone can play the game. Most people here expected Let's Go to flop hard, and many expected only small boosts to Switch hardware.

Most people that said it was gonna flop were just saying that because they personally didn't like it or have interest in it. But overall the consumer has thought differently and it was over 3m WW very quickly.  Let's Go is gonna continue to sell and do big numbers and I'm scared for what the sales will be come Gen 8 pokemon, the game that ''hardcore fans'' or ''real fans'' are looking forward to.

NND: 0047-7271-7918 | XBL: Nights illusion | PSN: GameNChick

I'll just say that I was very adamant that Let's Go would be poorly received and I was met with multiple people (including some who have posted in this very thread) who just kept saying 'but if only 1% of Pokemon Go players buy it then it'll sell like crazy'.

Needless to say that my initial thoughts on PMLG were not very well received, though they were fully warranted.

Megiddo said:
I'll just say that I was very adamant that Let's Go would be poorly received and I was met with multiple people (including some who have posted in this very thread) who just kept saying 'but if only 1% of Pokemon Go players buy it then it'll sell like crazy'.

Needless to say that my initial thoughts on PMLG were not very well received, though they were fully warranted.

Well as your opinion they were warranted sure. I agree. But seems like the opposite of what you thought would happen and sales have been really good so far, over 3m and going to keep climbing. You aren't the only one that thought these things about Let's Go, so you definitely weren't alone.

NND: 0047-7271-7918 | XBL: Nights illusion | PSN: GameNChick

Megiddo said:

Were "multiple people" the dominant opinion, or just some loud people with strong opinions? I actually can't find much of predictions here, the best is pokoko saying it will sell gangbusters because Pokemon was countered by Amnesia pointing out spinoffs don't do that great.

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [peak year] [+], [1], [2], [3], [4]

Around the Network

I see the switch downplaying crew is out in force today.

Switch dropped harder than I thought, but it should exceed my expectations for at least one week.

Nice debut for Battlefield considering the Western feedback. Let's Go is certainly a HW mover but the second week was a bit bad. I'm sure it'll be fine.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

pikashoe said:
I see the switch downplaying crew is out in force today.

Yup, just starting to scroll past the usual nega ducks. They're getting so boring 

Great second week for Pokemon, not flopping at all like many predicted 

As with last week, I encourage more predictions :). "Better than expected" and "Worse than expected" gets really boring when we don't actually know what you expected.