By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Japan Sales Week 47 Media Create/Famitsu/Dengeki - November 19-25 2018

Jranation said:
tbone51 said:

Did you comment last week when switch was at 200k? Serious Question

I think he was still banned. Probably decided to comment here real quick before he gets banned again...... 

He was here for numbers on NPD thread, man doesnt comment when switch is up lmao

Around the Network
Megiddo said:

Here is the week 47 update in terms of the two big consoles in Japan's path to be able to reach the commonly stated (in these sales threads) estimates for 2018 sales (2 mil for PS4, 4 mil for Switch) .

TWS GD YTD % Goal AWN (Change)
PS4 24,364/td> -79,478 1,401,308 70.1% (+1.3) 119,738 (+15.896)
Switch 108,375 -176,735 2,397,713 59.9% (+2.7) 320,457 (+35,347)

TWS - This week's sales
GD - Goal differential, the difference between the average week needed from last week compared to this week's sales
YTD - Units sold in 2018 so far including this week's sales
AWN - Average weekly sales needed to reach the estimate for the console.

Not much to comment on other than the race to who is closest, where PS4's lead has shrunk a bit but is still well far ahead. Both consoles were near what my estimates for them would be. I doubt that holds true as time goes on since the holidays are a wacky time.

Personal Estimates

NS: 120k, 145k, 240k, 200k, 295k, 250k = 1.25m would end just above 3.5 mil for the calendar year.

PS4: 20k, 25k, 30k, 25k, 40k, 30k = 170k would end up just above 1.5 mil for the calendar year.

Also of note for people claiming stock issues for the Switch there are none for the base unit according to Chris, so stop perpetuating a lie.

Next week is not when the Chart gets SMASHED. Its the week after that.  

Edit: and it seems like Nintendo once again underestimated Pokemon Lets Go. Should have stocked more of the bundle.

Pocky Lover Boy! 

Switch domination again even with the drop. Then Smash Bros coming soon, so the week after next numbers should go up again thanks to Smash. If Nintendo corrects their stock issues that is

NND: 0047-7271-7918 | XBL: Nights illusion | PSN: GameNChick

tbone51 said:
Jranation said:

I think he was still banned. Probably decided to comment here real quick before he gets banned again...... 

He was here for numbers on NPD thread, man doesnt comment when switch is up lmao

I have commented before when switch did amazing numbers, you can check yourself, i comment on my jaw hitting the floor, and it blew away my expectations. I just expected huge numbers for pokemon, and switch, so it wasn't a surprise to me, this drop is, thats all.

Megiddo said: 

Also of note for people claiming stock issues for the Switch there are none for the base unit according to Chris, so stop perpetuating a lie.

Switch shortage doesn't exist in Japan right now unless you refer to bundles.

Click HERE and be happy 

Around the Network
quickrick said:
tbone51 said:

I have commented before when switch did amazing numbers, you can check yourself, i comment on my jaw hitting the floor, and it blew away my expectations. I just expected huge numbers for pokemon, and switch, so it wasn't a surprise to me, this drop is, thats all.

Sorry, but didn't you have it you biggest "disappointment" this year list. Smash and Pokemon.

EricFabian said:
Megiddo said: 

Switch shortage doesn't exist in Japan right now unless you refer to bundles.

Limited bundles are not stock shortages.

You can buy a Switch no issue. Just not one with a Pikachu or Eevee sticker or whatever.

Just like how the limited PS4 models (Spider-man, God of War, etc) are not signs of a stock shortage.

That's the 3rd worst second week drop for a Pokémon game in Japan.

BFV numbers are megaton. It outsold xbox + ps4 bfv in the UK. This is a landmark moment. Nice to see ps4 sales increase to a healthier number and up on the same week last year. Hopefully it keeps rising.

Acevil said:
quickrick said:

Sorry, but didn't you have it you biggest "disappointment" this year list. Smash and Pokemon.

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=237852

Lol he did xD 

Pocky Lover Boy! 

Acevil said:
quickrick said:

people were claiming insane numbers for both games, but japan is where i expected pokemon to sell software and hardware the most.