By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - What was the last Wii game you bought?

Boom Blox

I still might pick up NBA Jam though... not sure

Feel free to check out my stream on twitch 

Around the Network
XD84 said:
The Last Story

Ditto.

It also might have been Kirby's Dream Collection.

Dead Space Extraction. Just found it used a couple of weeks ago and thought why not.

It was either Last Story or if we are counting Wii U VC aoftware then Xenoblade Chronicles.

h2ohno said:
Dead Space Extraction. Just found it used a couple of weeks ago and thought why not.

I mean "last" as in by when it released.

For example, I picked up Dead Rising Chop Til You Drop in 2015 after finding it for like $4 in an Op Shop, but that was a 2009 release, so for the purposes of this topic, my last Wii game was 2012's Epic Mickey 2.

Around the Network

In that case Last Story.

curl-6 said:
spurgeonryan said:
A lot of people at my work are asking for Just Dance Wii 2019. Is this real?

It is indeed: 

Kinda surreal that in late 2018 the original Wii is still getting software.

bigtakilla said:

I don't know, backtracking always just feels like backtracking to me. If I gotta explore rooms for a key I need to get somewhere near the beginning of the game it feels just the same as completing a mission, going back to my house and setting out for the mountain the next day. Plus, I feel like seeing all the characters effected by different eras in MOBW gives an extra complex part of the game trying to figure out the timeline of these rituals, being in different times the ritual was carried out so significantly different. I even really liked the 5 nights at Freddy's kind of rip off when the whole team gets together. Not to mention it brings back a certain character which is always something I like in horror games.

It certainly isn't a vast gap in preference, it's more like I like this a tiny bit better, this was a bit more interesting, ect. That said I think the controls are leaps and bound better and more intuitive in MOBW, but obviously my own opinion.

I guess what made Mask of the Lunar Eclipse feel more elegant to me was that the area that most of the game takes place in was less linear, so even if I sometimes had to revisit the same areas, I wasn't taking the same route every time. On the other hand, I lost count of how many times in Maiden of Black Water that I took the primary path up the mountain, sometimes more than once in the same chapter even.

Fair enough, I certainly can't say you don't backtrack a lot because you absolutely do.

I think it was Skyward Sword. Never got into it and killed off any interest with the Wii for me

The last Wii game I bought was The Last Story. It was not cheap.... because I´ve got the collector´s edition, but I don´t regret it.

I still buy Wii games if I found any good deal.

My daughter was interested in Go Vacation when she saw me playing it on my Switch, so I bought her the Wii version to play on her Wii U.