By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Digital Foundry: Diablo III on Switch

Key points:

- 900p-756p in docked mode

- 720p-540p in portable mode

- For comparison, the original release was 584p on PS3 and 360, and the PS4/Xbone remaster was 1080p

- Mostly a flatline 60fps, runs much smoother than the last gen versions and without the tearing those versions suffered

- Ported by Iron Galaxy, who also did the Switch version of Skyrim

Last edited by curl-6 - on 06 November 2018

Around the Network

In between last gen & current gen like it should be.

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

I've heard nothing but good things when it comes to this port. I just watched the whole video, and it seems like it sits comfortably between last gen and current gen. Better resolution and a more stable frame rate make this port a winner, imo! That $60 price tag is really holding me back from picking it up, though.

Who cares about Diablo III when Diablo Immortal is coming to mobile devices? I mean, we have phones, right? :P

Joking aside, it's great to see that the Switch version of Diablo 3 is running well. Would like to try it out sometime.

Hiku said:
Ultravolt said:

I've heard nothing but good things when it comes to this port. I just watched the whole video, and it seems like it sits comfortably between last gen and current gen. Better resolution and a more stable frame rate make this port a winner, imo! That $60 price tag is really holding me back from picking it up, though.

Just an FYI, this game includes the Reaper of Souls expansion which retailed for $40 when it launched, which was probably the main thing that 'saved' Diablo 3 and made it a viable and fun game. They took a very different direction at first. The Switch version also contains the Necromancer DLC, which otherwise costs $15.

I can understand the higher pricepoint when it's both a proper port and contains all the extra content.
Diablo can be pretty fun. Especially when playing with friends.

Yeah, I was aware of the additional content, I just didn't know their value. Thanks for letting me know! Honestly, I'll probably end up buying the game regardless of the price. The more I see of it, the more I want to play. Looks like a ton of fun!

Around the Network

Looks to be a decent port. Ill pass as i play this on PC. Its a shame i cannot bring my character over to the console versions.

Ultravolt said:

Try and buy everything this game comes with and tell me the price.

I was tempted to try to get into Diablo 3 again not to long ago. I already own the base game and the prices of expansions still being what they were made me pass.

FYI

Prices on PC right now:

Base: $20.00
Exp 1: $20.00
Exp 2: $15.00

That is $55.00 to get what you get on the Switch for $60.00

irstupid said:
Ultravolt said:

I was tempted to try to get into Diablo 3 again not to long ago. I already own the base game and the prices of expansions still being what they were made me pass.

FYI

Prices on PC right now:

Thats quit expensive,the ps4 and x1 also got the shame physical version as switch and only cost 38 euros wirh 1080p 60fps

My youtube gaming page.

http://www.youtube.com/user/klaudkil

xl-klaudkil said:
irstupid said:

FYI

Prices on PC right now:

Thats quit expensive,the ps4 and x1 also got the shame physical version as switch and only cost 38 euros wirh 1080p 60fps

You can't make a 1 to 1 comparison like that since the port takes resources to build. The thing that annoys me though is that there are no big discounts for even 3rd party switch ports. Skyrim is still full price in Canada. So is doom which is ridiculous, I was hpohop to buy them later because broke uni student but they are not dropping in price like they do usually

Just a guy who doesn't want to be bored. Also

Not bad for the hardware, I played it on a 360 and found it be cromulent. This well above that even if its below the X1 or PS4.

I would opt for this if portability matters.

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)