By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - How Democrats Went from Opposing Illegal Immigration to Supporting it.

Mr Puggsly said:
Puppyroach said:

So what you are saying is that the statement from the OP is incorrect, because it should refer to legal immigrant or children born in the US that has the right to vote? So why is illegal immigration an issue here at all? 

I completely agree about voter ID being a requirement and every citizen should be in the voter rolls, you shouldn't have to register in order to be elgible to vote. But it would also be interesting to get some facts behind your statement about illegal immigrants being granted right to vote in local election. I'm not saying it's incorrect, just where that information comes from.

I'm saying dems found that illegal immigration eventually works in favor of their base. Less of an incentive for them to fix the problem.

But they can't vote so what you are saying in that case is that illegal immigrants are a problem you if they receive legal status and can vote, i.e legal immigrants are a problem since they primarily vote Democrat. How could illegal immigrants otherwise be a problem since they can't vote?

Around the Network
Puppyroach said:
Mr Puggsly said:

I'm saying dems found that illegal immigration eventually works in favor of their base. Less of an incentive for them to fix the problem.

But they can't vote so what you are saying in that case is that illegal immigrants are a problem you if they receive legal status and can vote, i.e legal immigrants are a problem since they primarily vote Democrat. How could illegal immigrants otherwise be a problem since they can't vote?

The left considers illegals their whether or not they get an opportunity to vote and the children will become their base. There is certainly a push to give illegals voting rights.

I'm suggesting this is why dems have changed their tune on illegal immigration and praises them, its really their base.

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

Mr Puggsly said:
KungKras said:
You should be happy about illegal immigration since it refreshes the genepool in your bible belt.

Well people from south of the border arguably do assimilate better in this country. Doesn't mean immigration shouldn't be merit based though.

But lets be honest, dems love this demo because they're easier to manipulate or naturally just lean left. Dems have grown very frustrated with whites, they have even attacked white for not supporting them more, I guess having expectations and expecting results from leaders is wrong. A district, city, or state with a high latin population is easy votes for dems.

Actually what stat do you have that immigrants naturally lean left or that they are easier to manipulate.  Not sure how many immigrants you know of but all the ones I know actually voted for Trump.  Could it be that Latinos vote for Dems because Dems are not trying to make them look like dirty invaders.  Maybe if the talking points from the GOP was different they would see different results.  I guess perceptions is greater than facts.

iron_megalith said:
Machiavellian said:

If you are watching ads and forming your own theory then yes you have fallen for political tricks.  Ads used by all political parties are barely thinned white lies to support one or the other message.  The last thing I ever do is watch an ad then form some opinion.  I have seen Dems and Republicans play that game way to much.

As the links I have included show, there are absolutly no Dem that support open boarders.  They have consistently signed bills to support the boarder, law enforcement and agency toward illegal immigration not just at the boarder.  If you want to show how the Dems vote on such matters then that would be evidence.  If you are using ads to support your opinion then you have fallen for the trick whether you admit it or not.

Sure.

http://www.latimes.com/politics/essential/la-pol-ca-essential-politics-updates-california-expands-workplace-1507236616-htmlstory.html

Yeah, so what.  I read that link a long time ago, where does it show that Dems support open boarder.  If anything that links says both Dems and Republicans support a path to citizenship for people already here.  

Mr Puggsly said:
Puppyroach said:

The left considers illegals their whether or not they get an opportunity to vote and the children will become their base. There is certainly a push to give illegals voting rights.

I'm suggesting this is why dems have changed their tune on illegal immigration and praises them, its really their base.

So they have like an 18 year old plan for children of illegal immigrants to vote for them? That is some conspiracy 😊. Besides, Obama was quite active in terms of deportations:https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/obama-deported-more-people/

Also, Reagan enacted the possibility of amnesty for millions of illegal immigrants in 1986.

What many democrats do today is to humanize illegal immigrants and not scream "criminals" like many on the right does. And I don't think there is much of a plan to it, just basic compassion.

Around the Network
jason1637 said:
Jumpin said:

They do? I am not seeing this on their policy positions among any Democrats. Which elected Democratic politician supports illegal immigration?

Their party platform from 2016 states that they want to give a path to citizenship for illegal immigrants that have followed the laws I'm the US.

That's about making citizens of law-abiding people who are already living in the country; very different than pro-illegal immigration. I'm asking for names of actual Democratic politicians who are in support of illegal immigration.

Last edited by Jumpin - on 05 November 2018

I describe myself as a little dose of toxic masculinity.

Jumpin said:
jason1637 said:

Their party platform from 2016 states that they want to give a path to citizenship for illegal immigrants that have followed the laws I'm the US.

That's about making citizens of law-abiding people who are already living in the country; very different than pro-illegal immigration. I'm asking for names of actual Democratic politicians who are in support of illegal immigration.

That's the same thing. Giving citizenship to illegal immigrants is supporting illegal immigration. 

Mr Puggsly said:
Puppyroach said:

It's more like some republicans are trying to destroy the very concept that made them Americans in the first place, and are using anti-Hispanic fear to push the issue. Illegals can't vote. Trump and his followers are trying to use this notion to delegitimize democratic wins, using this to cause unrest among his base.

jason1637 said:
Jumpin said:

That's the same thing. Giving citizenship to illegal immigrants is supporting illegal immigration. 

So by your reasoning, a person that commits a crime should be put into prison for the rest of their lives, regardless of their crime, otherwise you support the crime right? 😊

Puppyroach said:
jason1637 said:

So by your reasoning, a person that commits a crime should be put into prison for the rest of their lives, regardless of their crime, otherwise you support the crime right? 😊

No. If you commit a crime you should be punished accordingly to what you did.