By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - How Democrats Went from Opposing Illegal Immigration to Supporting it.

collint0101 said:
iron_megalith said:

The thing is, you completely ignore that there are other families from different countries aside of those from South America that have applied for such. Not sure about asylum seekers but there is a quota for immigrant visas. That's one of the things that pushed the processing of our immigrant visa application to 10 years. Not to mention the processing for these can bounce from a different application year to another. At one point, Our application was around Oct 2007. We got called for an interview around 2009 IIRC. From that point, we were held off because of changes in the document requirements. We tried to accomplish them but the immigrant processing date changed to something in 2005. So what that means is that there are still others who have applied at an earlier date and have not been fully processed.

Now regarding the case of the march to the border that's currently happening. It's going to be a fucking nightmare for these guys. You can't expect to just get ahead of those who are already lined up. That's what the general public should know. It's not that easy to control it but you should NOT open the gates just because of that.

I mean Trump does love to exaggerate but let's say for example that there is a small percentage of asylum seekers who are allowed to go through who are actually troublemakers. It adds more risk to the citizens inside the country.

One of the best tragic examples of uncontrolled immigration is Sweden. They let a lot of people in. There were not enough proper program for the migrants to transition. They don't have enough jobs. They don't have proper housing. A lot of the migrants were out on the streets. I had a friend there who was mugged by a migrant. He had to move to a different place because of how dangerous his old town became. Now, with the tone of the democrats, they want to do the same thing. Just let people in without due process expecting a Hail Mary solution to get these migrants stable.

It's easy for people to point fingers and demonize other people but when it comes down to it, it really is not that simple. For my case, I had extensive exposure to the English language(even though I still don't speak it flawlessly) and the American culture. It was easier for me to transition. However that is not to say I did not encounter problems adjusting. For those who did not have the blessing I had, it's going to be 10 times harder for them to adjust. It's not going to be any easier psychologically once they're inside. It's a whole different battle. Once that honeymoon phase is over, you'll see that your expectations can be far from how you expected them to be.

What you described is a prime example of a flaw within our immigration system. The process should simply never be that complicated or time consuming and while your experience sounds like something that doesn't happen to everyone the best case scenario can still take well over 6 months. That's my problem with the way republicans handle this, they claim to be pro legal immigration buey do nothing to fix the problems that already exist within the system and in some cases even make it worse. The Democrats share some blame considering that we didn't leave the Obama era with a flawless immigration system but the people in charge right now are too busy fear mongering to truly change how we do things 

It's arguable if it's really an issue in the immigration process. If you look at it from a management standpoint it's utter hell to process thousands of applicants from each country. It's easy for us to say to them to do their job. Their job is to properly screen any potential threat. Something that is not easy to do.

Now regarding who has blood in their hands, there have been constant shifts between republican and democrat administrations to simply say which side is truly at fault. Regardless of which, the fact of the matter is that the topic of immigration is being used in such a dirty manner by both sides. The biggest offender for this IMO is the vocal democrats who are using this as a campaign slogan that suggests to just bypass things instead of actually suggesting a proper long term and fair solution.

Around the Network

Illegal Immigration does not equal asylum seekers.

There are those breaking the law by coming illegally or over staying, but there is nothing wrong with seeking asylum. The right wing is trying to blur the two together,

Last edited by deskpro2k3 - on 04 November 2018

CPU: Ryzen 7950X
GPU: MSI 4090 SUPRIM X 24G
Motherboard: MSI MEG X670E GODLIKE
RAM: CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM 32GB DDR5
SSD: Kingston FURY Renegade 4TB
Gaming Console: PLAYSTATION 5
iron_megalith said:
Qwark said:

And that Kids is what we called progression. Its hardly the democrats who changed into that its the bigger part of people in their 20's and 30's in western society who decided this is the way forward. The democrats and other political parties just cathered to this idea of progression, luckily it mostly backfired for now. 

A lot of their "progressive" ideology steps on the foot of a lot of people. They also love to play if you're not with me you're a [insert derogatory label]. That's equally as divisive as some of Trump's dumb rhetoric. Some very vocal democrats cater to SJWs who like to play virtue signaling.

So how is this different from the Republicans.  The funny part is that everything I have read from people criticizing the Dems can also be said for the other party.  Who doesn't try to play as you like to term it virtue signaling.  Hell, Republicans has use to proclaim christian values a lot but now who knows what values they proclaim.  I guess it depends on what Trump is saying from one moment to the next or who is in power.

Dark_Lord_2008 said:

Trump's rally of closing the borders, building the wall and taking back the country will ensure he gets re-elected as President in 2020 and the upcoming mid-terms will be close. Only a Republican vote will close the borders, build the wall and secure the country.

Lol, the Republicans already control the House and Senate, exactly what have they done to take back the country from from the people coming in on the southern boarder.  You exactly how is your wall going to secure the country.  Does it stop all those people that come by air or boat.  If you really want to secure the country we should not accept anyone into the country and just isolate ourselves from the rest of the world.  I have to say, fear is a very powerful emotion.  Giving someone a target of their fear and make them believe this is the treat has worked in politics for years.

iron_megalith said:

Now regarding who has blood in their hands, there have been constant shifts between republican and democrat administrations to simply say which side is truly at fault. Regardless of which, the fact of the matter is that the topic of immigration is being used in such a dirty manner by both sides. The biggest offender for this IMO is the vocal democrats who are using this as a campaign slogan that suggests to just bypass things instead of actually suggesting a proper long term and fair solution.

This is what I am talking about.  Exactly where have you read that democrats what to bypass our current immigration laws.  Please provide the actual democrat that want this and not some right wing talking point or the President himself who just spout crap without any evidence to his claims.  Here are some articles I found on the issue.

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/06/27/us/politics/fast-check-donald-trump-democrats-open-borders.html

https://www.factcheck.org/2018/07/calls-to-abolish-ice-not-open-borders/

I wonder if you have not fallen for an old political trick.  

Around the Network
Machiavellian said:
iron_megalith said:

This is what I am talking about.  Exactly where have you read that democrats what to bypass our current immigration laws.  Please provide the actual democrat that want this and not some right wing talking point or the President himself who just spout crap without any evidence to his claims.  Here are some articles I found on the issue.

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/06/27/us/politics/fast-check-donald-trump-democrats-open-borders.html

https://www.factcheck.org/2018/07/calls-to-abolish-ice-not-open-borders/

I wonder if you have not fallen for an old political trick.  

No I didn't. I've seen enough political ads here in California to form my own opinion. The only thing they're standing up for is the "immigrants regardless of status" meaning including illegal immigrants.

I've yet to see a democratic political ad here in my area that talks about reform and fairness in immigration policy.

Last edited by iron_megalith - on 04 November 2018

jason1637 said:

https://youtu.be/qUU2iWxrH2M

Saw that video earlier today and it's interesting. Democrats are just using illegal immigrants to gain more votes but they used to be anti illegal immigration just over a decade ago. 

Yes. That video is right on the money. If they didn't want the votes of illegal aliens then they wouldn't challenge every voter id law. What else could be their reason other than getting the votes of aliens to circumvent the democratic will of the American people.

1.2 billion people in South Africa and around 500 million in South America. How many of those could have their life style enhanced by given a chance in the US. We could support them by increasing taxes to 80+% . Just enough to buy food and cut waste spending like on video games. Open borders, how many is enough and who are the unluckys that miss out and starve we'll we game.

They do? I am not seeing this on their policy positions among any Democrats. Which elected Democratic politician supports illegal immigration?

I describe myself as a little dose of toxic masculinity.

Jicale said:
1.2 billion people in South Africa and around 500 million in South America. How many of those could have their life style enhanced by given a chance in the US. We could support them by increasing taxes to 80+% . Just enough to buy food and cut waste spending like on video games. Open borders, how many is enough and who are the unluckys that miss out and starve we'll we game.

Keep in mind that it starts out as 1.2 billion in Africa and 500 million in South America. If we feed them completely and they get comfortable they are going to breed more and now costs could easily double. The only way they are going to improve for those countries is if they become more educated, responsible and stop putting up with criminals.