By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Monster hunter World - 10.7m Sold as of Sept 18

http://www.capcom.co.jp/ir/data/explanation.html

"I would like to ask about the current situation of "MHW". As of the end of September 2018, we have sold 10.7 million copies in total, and about 70% of the total is sold abroad. In Japan, teenagers are increasing more than our expectation."

They also site good sales of the PC version. It's great to see the steam community embracing Monster Hunter and it's great to see the Xbox and Ps4 too. Sales outside Japan are excellent. Capcom have done a stellar job in transitioning this IP. Who knows how high sales will go. 

Around the Network

I wonder if PC sales match X1. i'm prety sure ps4 is the major player here and got more sales than the other 2 combined, but how much?
Perhaps 6M PS4, 4.7 M xbox and PC? And than 2.2M PC and 2.5 xbox?

Best decision from Capcom to go third party with this franchise! Finally getting the attention it deserved for so many years!

Manlytears said:
I wonder if PC sales match X1. i'm prety sure ps4 is the major player here and got more sales than the other 2 combined, but how much?

Not sure but pc version will definitely sell more lifetime. I'd say the ps4 vs xbox split is 90%/10%.

Manlytears said:

I thinks PS4 has 70% of the sales outside Japan. Total for PS4 is around 8.2 million I'd think. 2.5 million is divided between Xbox and PC. 

My expectation:

PS4: 8.2 million

PC: 1.5 million 

Xbox: 1 million

Thus game is more popular in countries where Xbox is weak. 

Around the Network
I LOVE GIGGS said:
Manlytears said:

I thinks PS4 has 70% of the sales outside Japan. Total for PS4 is around 8.2 million I'd think. 2.5 million is divided between Xbox and PC. 

My expectation:

PC version already sold between 5 - 10 millions according to stats from steamspy http://steamspy.com/app/582010 

Dr.Vita said:
Best decision from Capcom to go third party with this franchise! Finally getting the attention it deserved for so many years!

The franchise was always third party. You mean going on home console, do you?

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [peak year] [+], [1], [2], [3], [4]

MichiGen said:
I LOVE GIGGS said:

My expectation:

PC version already sold between 5 - 10 millions according to stats from steamspy http://steamspy.com/app/582010 

Steamspy is useless since steam changed the profile privacy or whatever it was so they can't get accurate numbers anymore, the pc release is no where near 5m sold.

https://gematsu.com/2018/07/monster-hunter-world-shipments-and-digital-sales-top-8-3-million

The game had 8.3m shipped before the PC version launched, so it's impossible for the PC version to be above 2.3m.

I'd put the figures at around.

PS4 - 8m

XBO - 1m

PC - 1.7m

Great great now please use that engine for a REAL Dragon Dogma 2 for this gen please! :p

Kerotan said:
Manlytears said:

Not sure but pc version will definitely sell more lifetime. I'd say the ps4 vs xbox split is 90%/10%.

I LOVE GIGGS said: 
Manlytears said: 

My expectation:

Wow, 8M on PS4 alone sounds brutal, the game is prety much a PS4 "Console exclusive" like this! But I have to admit that this idea of PS4 selling 80% of MHW copys is very possible and likely, i mean, 4M copys are probably coming from Japan alone!