By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Monster hunter World - 10.7m Sold as of Sept 18

Kerotan said:
Manlytears said:
I wonder if PC sales match X1. i'm prety sure ps4 is the major player here and got more sales than the other 2 combined, but how much?
Perhaps 6M PS4, 4.7 M xbox and PC? And than 2.2M PC and 2.5 xbox?

Not sure but pc version will definitely sell more lifetime. I'd say the ps4 vs xbox split is 90%/10%.

I LOVE GIGGS said: 
Manlytears said: 
I wonder if PC sales match X1. i'm prety sure ps4 is the major player here and got more sales than the other 2 combined, but how much?
Perhaps 6M PS4, 4.7 M xbox and PC? And than 2.2M PC and 2.5 xbox?

I thinks PS4 has 70% of the sales outside Japan. Total for PS4 is around 8.2 million I'd think. 2.5 million is divided between Xbox and PC. 

My expectation:

PS4: 8.2 million

PC: 1.5 million 

Xbox: 1 million

Thus game is more popular in countries where Xbox is weak. 

Wow, 8M on PS4 alone sounds brutal, the game is prety much a PS4 "Console exclusive" like this! But I have to admit that this idea of PS4 selling 80% of MHW copys is very possible and likely, i mean, 4M copys are probably coming from Japan alone!

Prediction: In 5 years Nintendo will Lauch a "Core Mario game"  very similar to Astro Bot. That said, many will Ignore Astro Bot existence and say Nintendo created this concept.

Around the Network

better prep for that Monster Hunter World 2

NND: 0047-7271-7918 | XBL: Nights illusion | PSN: GameNChick

Holy fuck I wasn't expecting over 10m so soon lol, and to hear 70% of those sales are from outside of Japan... the west really is eating up Monster Hunter now!

Bristow9091 said:
Holy fuck I wasn't expecting over 10m so soon lol, and to hear 70% of those sales are from outside of Japan... the west really is eating up Monster Hunter now!

Yeah like 10m Ltd sounded crazy but now it did it in under a year and without a holiday. By the time the 12 month anniversary comes around it's sales will be a few million higher. What a success. GG Capgods.