By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - Elizabeth Warren Becomes An Even Bigger Joke.

Well, most of us have heard of Elizabeth Warren, current Democrat Senator for Massachusetts.  Or as some have come to know her, Pocahontas or Fauxcahontas.  I guess in attempt to strike back at Trump and pave a way for her presidential run in 2020, she decided to finally take that DNA test people were asking her to take to prove her Cherokee heritage.  Turns out, people were right to mock her for claiming to be a minority to gain a better position in life.  According to the results, she could be anywhere from 1/64th to 1/1024th Native American.  Best case scenario, she is 1.56% Native American.  But, should could very well be 0.098%.  Of course, either is way too small to legally claim anything.  And she even had to the gall to put up a vid on Youtube trumpeting the results.  I think in many American's eyes, she just became a bigger joke than she already was.  And I bet it will be her primary opponents who will be trumpeting that vid, not her, come 2020.

To make matters worst, the Cherokee Nation actually came out against her claims. "A DNA test is useless to determine tribal citizenship. Current DNA tests do not even distinguish whether a person’s ancestors were indigenous to North or South America.  Sovereign tribal nations set their own legal requirements for citizenship, and while DNA tests can be used to determine lineage, such as paternity to an individual, it is not evidence for tribal affiliation. Using a DNA test to lay claim to any connection to the Cherokee Nation or any tribal nation, even vaguely, is inappropriate and wrong. It makes a mockery out of DNA tests and its legitimate uses while also dishonoring legitimate tribal governments and their citizens, whose ancestors are well documented and whose heritage is proven. Senator Warren is undermining tribal interests with her continued claims of tribal heritage."

I think the most pathetic part, however, is the fact that many Dems are actually backing her up.  Defending her use of her supposed heritage to get positions at various colleges, meaning she actually took those jobs from true minorities, and instead using it to bash Trump for some bet he said he would make with her if she became the Democratic nominee.  Really, if less than 2% of minority DNA is needed to call ourselves minorities, then all Americans should be able to do so.  I guess that does mean no more racism.  Of course, that doesn't bode well for identity politics.

Last edited by thismeintiel - on 16 October 2018

Around the Network
RolStoppable said:
1/64th is less than 1%?

Oh, you're right.  It's actually 1.56%.  I'll fix it.  Still doesn't change the message of the post, however.

RolStoppable said:
1/64th is less than 1%?

I'll admit I entered this thread not knowing who the person was and read this far.... now I leave this thread not knowing who the person is but knowing that OP can't %

Why not check me out on youtube and help me on the way to 2k subs over at www.youtube.com/stormcloudlive

Ganoncrotch said:
RolStoppable said:
1/64th is less than 1%?

I'll admit I entered this thread not knowing who the person was and read this far.... now I leave this thread not knowing who the person is but knowing that OP can't %

So is the most pathetic part still the fact that many dems are actually backing her up, or is it that OP can't count %? This thread is very confusing indeed ... (joking, OP is fine ... and he's close ... kind of ...)

Last edited by AngryLittleAlchemist - on 16 October 2018

RolStoppable said:
Isn't it par for the course in American politics that both the democrats and republicans have pathetic nominees? What makes this specific one worth discussing?

Relevant anecdote from the past NFL weekend: I was watching Jaguars@Cowboys on Puls 4 (Austrian free-TV) and the live feed had a "Next up" for 60 Minutes that showed Donald Trump. One of the Austrian commentators instantly said, "Oh look, the Americans will follow up sports with comedy."

So you defend this with whataboutism?  I could have sworn the Left was done with whataboutism.  At least they seemed to have a problem when the Trump supporters used it.

The reason this is worth discussing is that not only are the Dems supposed to be the party of the minority, where this woman lied for decades about her heritage to advance in life, taking actual jobs from minorities, but it also shows the ridiculous double standards Dems have for themselves versus the rest of the world.  I mean, just in the past few months we had the Kavanaugh "guilty before proven innocent" from an accusation of 36 years ago, with absolutely no proof, while at the same time the 2nd in command of the DNC was being accused of assault from just 2 years ago, with the woman claiming to actually have proof.  Of course, they defend their guy, instead of adopting the standard they want for everyone else, just kick them out.  Now, we have the Left calling racism left and right, talking about how bad cultural appropriation is, but are now defending a woman who actually did culturally appropriate.  And not because she thought a Eastern dress looked cool, so she wore it, but to actually get positions as a "person of color."

Last edited by thismeintiel - on 16 October 2018

Around the Network

Trump exaggerate's in the slightest about anything and he instantly becomes a target again, but Warren exaggerates and it doesn't matter because it would mean Trump paying so that's ok. The fact they completely believed Trump meant any fraction whatsoever counted, makes it clear why they completely believed Ford as well. They can't read between the lines or outside of them. Whatever is said, in terms of words alone, is exactly what is meant to them, period. Tone, facial expressions, body language, etc, means nothing.

No matter how they try to downplay it, she has Native American pedigree "6-10 generations ago." Dr. Carlos Bustamante, a renowned geneticist. "The error rate is less than one-in-a-thousand", he said.

Last edited by deskpro2k3 - on 16 October 2018

CPU: Ryzen 7950X
GPU: MSI 4090 SUPRIM X 24G
Motherboard: MSI MEG X670E GODLIKE
RAM: CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM 32GB DDR5
SSD: Kingston FURY Renegade 4TB
Gaming Console: PLAYSTATION 5

This is the problem with the US. You guys focus on a person’s race or gender more than their policies. Your priorities are the real joke.

I describe myself as a little dose of toxic masculinity.

Trump should just pay up, Warren obviously did this to shut him up and she succeed quite handily 😊. It might be juvenile but when you have a three year old as president, it is fun sometimes to poke that person

thismeintiel said:

Well, most of us have heard of Elizabeth Warren, current Democrat Senator for Massachusetts.  Or as some have come to know her, Pocahontas or Fauxcahontas.  I guess in attempt to strike back at Trump and pave a way for her presidential run in 2020, she decided to finally take that DNA test people were asking her to take to prove her Cherokee heritage.  Turns out, people were right to mock her for claiming to be a minority to gain a better position in life.  According to the results, she could be anywhere from 1/64th to 1/1024th Native American.  Best case scenario, she is 1.56% Native American.  But, should could very well be 0.098%.  Of course, either is way too small to legally claim anything.  And she even had to the gall to put up a vid on Youtube trumpeting the results.  I think in many American's eyes, she just became a bigger joke than she already was.  And I bet it will be her primary opponents who will be trumpeting that vid, not her, come 2020.

To make matters worst, the Cherokee Nation actually came out against her claims. "A DNA test is useless to determine tribal citizenship. Current DNA tests do not even distinguish whether a person’s ancestors were indigenous to North or South America.  Sovereign tribal nations set their own legal requirements for citizenship, and while DNA tests can be used to determine lineage, such as paternity to an individual, it is not evidence for tribal affiliation. Using a DNA test to lay claim to any connection to the Cherokee Nation or any tribal nation, even vaguely, is inappropriate and wrong. It makes a mockery out of DNA tests and its legitimate uses while also dishonoring legitimate tribal governments and their citizens, whose ancestors are well documented and whose heritage is proven. Senator Warren is undermining tribal interests with her continued claims of tribal heritage."

I think the most pathetic part, however, is the fact that many Dems are actually backing her up.  Defending her use of her supposed heritage to get positions at various colleges, meaning she actually took those jobs from true minorities, and instead using it to bash Trump for some bet he said he would make with her if she became the Democratic nominee.  Really, if less than 2% of minority DNA is needed to call ourselves minorities, then all Americans should be able to do so.  I guess that does mean no more racism.  Of course, that doesn't bode well for identity politics.

Please provide evidence that she got benefits from having native american ancestry. If she is 1/64th native american, it means it goes back 6 generations (technically 5 since we should count the original parents as the first generation), which isn´t so much. If it is 1/1024, it is 10 generations (or technically 9). She has also, as far as I know, never claimed any citizenship to any tribal community and the claims by the Cherokee Nation, please provide their evidence based claims. She also never touted her ancestry until her opponent made a case of it, so why are you so focused on her providing some evidence, not the people using racial slurs and dismissing her purely based on her appearence?

Why is it so upsetting for you that she has some evidence pointing to her possibly having native american ancestry?