By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - Elizabeth Warren Becomes An Even Bigger Joke.

setsunatenshi said:
Majin-Tenshinhan said:

But this is a person who has gone through life claiming minority status and getting special treatment because of it. There's a reason people are focusing on her race.

And you say that based on.................... nothing... 

Way to slander one of the most honest and substantial politicians in the country that actually represents the people and not big money interests. Was the face behind the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau and one of the few vocal politicians that actually tried to have accountability to the "too big to fail" banks that crashed the world economy (and will do it again in no time).

Yeah, let's see that proof of special treatment, I'm sure it really exists

That's where I stopped reading.

Around the Network

lol, “coming out now talking about” the whole hiring situation... try like a decade ago. This is old, long debunked conspiracy nonsense revived by our dumber than a bag of rocks President, who has lies and actions a thousand times worse than being mistaken about your heritage.

She put white on her job applications and didn’t apply or receive any minority scholarships. I’m amazed at the conservatives (in general, not anyone here) wasting time going so hard on this but I guess when your trash bag President gets one of his zany ideas the rest gotta fall in line. 

Can anyone born in the US please stop claiming that you are X race or your family background is from Y country? As an immigrant I hate it when people claim to be "white irsh" because your greatgrandpa was frlm Ireland or that you are "Mexican" because your parents were born there but you grew in the US. I rather you stick to color. Be black, brown, yellow, white, pink etc. You are not African or Italian or Chinese unless you were born and grew up there.

I'm trying to figure out who she has and is trying to appeal to when claiming to be Cherokee. African Americans, Hispanics, and mother minorities wouldn't care. Native Americans are insulted and seem to be less inclined to support her - a similar thing happened with a NY politician who claimed to be Jewish when she wasn't and the Jewish community was insulted. I can only conclude that she's trying to appeal to white liberals who want to support a 'person of color.'

thismeintiel said: 

How about you stop parroting CNN?

And them coming out now talking about how it didn't affect them hiring her (though, one did admit it was discussed) is just them saving their own asses.  They were lied to by a white woman claiming to be Cherokee, a nation that has now come out and denounced her and her claims.  They were under incredible pressure to diversity hire.  And the article being written just a mere year after her hiring means what?  If anything, that helps my point.  They were still getting pressure, so why not have an article talking about Harvard's first woman of color.  Something I don't believe she forced them to recant at the time.

You can continue to believe lies and continue to move goalposts from "she is Indian" to "well, she has very distant blood relation so that counts" all you want, but its not going to work.  She lied about being a Cherokee.  She lied in a printed book.  She lied on multiple job applications trying to get a leg up in a environment looking to hire people with diverse ethnicity.  With the growing amount of hypocrisy and mental gymnastics the Left is showing to back their side, it's no wonder people are walking away.

I don't doubt that people are walking away.  I want nothing to do with the "Left".  Of course, after watching people on the "Right" do the exact same thing with Trump's many, many lies, it's not like anyone is going to seek shelter in that direction, either.  Trump could tell us he's half black and start using "nigga" in his speeches and FOX News would run a one hour special celebrating him as the first Real American minority President.  As for this particular situation, though, who really gives a damn?  I don't.  On the list of lies told by politicians, this is one where all I can do is shrug.  I literally do not care about this one way or another and most people are probably rolling their eyes over the whole thing relative to both sides trying to make a big deal out of it.

As far as hypocrisy goes, wouldn't that also apply to people who make a big deal about one fabrication yet suddenly turn blind about others?  We have a lot of people on this website who seem to get outraged by the bad behavior of politicians ... but only when it comes from one side.  I really don't want to hear about hypocrisy from that group.

Around the Network

Seems Poke, Faux, just became JOKEahontas...

I am quite worried that the only alternative the Democrats are going to offer to Trump is Warren. Over the past decade social media seems to have fueled an unrestrained populism that is driving everyone to extremism.

thismeintiel said:
Jumpin said:
This is the problem with the US. You guys focus on a person’s race or gender more than their policies. Your priorities are the real joke.

Blame the Dems on that one.  They have been running on identity politics for decades.  If anything, the Warren thing proves how full of crap they really are.  If you are a Dem you can claim you are whatever you want, take a job from whatever minority you wish, just as long as you tow the line.

You are aware racial politics has existed in the US for the entire existence of the nation, correct?

I describe myself as a little dose of toxic masculinity.

Mr Puggsly said:
Eagle367 said:
My parents used to tell me that while our countries politics were shitty, there are countries with better standards where corruption and hypocrisy don't reign supreme and they talked about US. They made it seem like it was this Uber powerful nation that had the entire world in it's grasp and were much farther ahead in tech than any other country and their military was so powerful but everyone was accountable and they made no distinction between president and poor person. Now I realise that they were highly mistaken or they were trolling me cause this country is so damn d'corript, they have am archaic 3 party system where both parties are corrupt, hypocritical and ruled by oligarchs. Their military is the strongest but is also kind of a joke(if you find militaries killing innocent people in foreign lands funny) and they are no longer the leader in tech, They have a horrible healthcare and education system and their infrastructure is just horrible. Also they act like cartoon caricatures of themselves for some reason. Now I can only laugh in disbelief at the stupidity of America and the naiveté of my parents/ or the awesome way they trolled me

I'm sorry the US isn't the utopia you believed? But lets remember it grew from of other corrupt nations.

We have an "archaic" two party system, not 3. Power tends to be corrupt, that's nothing new. This is something many developed nations deal with from time to time and why political shifts happens to some other "archaic" party.

The military is indeed strong and innocent people die. That's war! The innocent always suffer most.

Our healthcare isn't horrible, generally speaking far from it. The real problems is costs and not everybody has a good healthcare plan. These are different arguments.

We spend a fortune on our education system, almost the most in the world. The problem is the parents suck. But solution by the left is more money.

If your parents sold you the US is a utopia, they weren't bright people. Frankly I never argue the US is best or a perfect country, but its certainly a much better place then where most immigrants come from. I don't know anything about your parents but maybe they held the US in high regard because they came from a shit country?

They not only came from a shit country, they are still living there. And they are both doctors and much more capable than me or you .But in their time information was much scarcer and propaganda of the US is really good in mainstream print and TV media which was the only source other than word of mouth back then. And there are much and I do mean MUCH better countrues to idealizes than the US. Your education is horrible just admit it and if people don't have access to healthcare it's shitty. What's the use of shiny modern tech if no one can afford to use it. Access to healthcare is one of the most important aspects so yes shitty. And the US kills innocents needlessly. The way US does war for profit is unlike any other in history. The US isn't expansionist. It's military is fighting for the profit of rich people and to the detriment of the country itself. So the war you speak of and the war that the US military fights are totally different. They needlessly kill innocents and make their soldiers into murderers and then when they return throw them aside like trash. So the military industrial complex doesn't;t care about the US, it's soldiers, it's veterans, it's citizens or any human life in general. It's the shitties of shitty. And it spends trillions for your tax dollars to lose to Afghanistan and syria. The world is waking up to how shitty your government is(not the people, the government) and it's high time to replace the US dollar and stop US influence in the world because let's be honest, even China is a better role model than the US for the world and China is a shitty role model in it's own right

Just a guy who doesn't want to be bored. Also

SpokenTruth said:
Johnw1104 said:
I am quite worried that the only alternative the Democrats are going to offer to Trump is Warren. Over the past decade social media seems to have fueled an unrestrained populism that is driving everyone to extremism.

She's not the front runner.  Bidden and Sanders are.

As far as policies are concerned, Sanders is in a very similar boat and would likely alienate too many people. I really, really don't want to tank the economy, and I know many others have similar concerns. Much like the tea party movement over half a decade ago that very nearly wrested control of the Republican party (in some ways it succeeded), there's a similar movement of inexperienced, pie-in-the-sky populists among progressives attempting the same within the democratic party.

We'll have to see if Biden actually runs, as he's said at times that he would not and skipped out on his virtual guarantee in 2016.

You know, it's almost as if limiting the realistic selections to only two candidates and neatly dividing everyone in such a manner as to guarantee as little policy overlap as possible isn't the best of ideas... O_o