By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Kotaku- Microsoft is close to buying Obsidian Entertainment

I like the news, but I also want them to release their games on Steam and GOG. I hope Microsoft can allow them to, I know they allow that for some of their indie studios.

Around the Network

Not a bad move. Especially if they are struggling independently. Be interesting if they have success with Microsoft however.

shikamaru317 said:
AngryLittleAlchemist said:
I like the news, but I also want them to release their games on Steam and GOG. I hope Microsoft can allow them to, I know they allow that for some of their indie studios.

Windows 10 Store doesn't seem to be panning out as well as they'd hoped, and they've allowed several of their other recent games on Steam, so I'll be amazed if Obsidian's games are Win 10 Store exclusive on PC, timed exclusive maybe, but they'll at least come to Steam and GOG eventually. 

Well as long as they get them on there ... I think a majority of their loyal fans are on Steam and GOG, so we can hope.

I hope not, I really like Obsidian and don't want to stop supporting them

While it looks like Microsoft has mostly given up on the XB1, they seem to be really gearing up for their next console. All of these studios they are buying should lead to a lot more first party games. Expect Microsoft to have an impressive E3, whenever they announce their next console.

Around the Network

Considering how good Obsidian is and how Microsoft has traditionally handled PC gaming, I take this as absolutely horrible news.

Wont be suprised

Wish THQ Nordic acquired them instead, IMO they're about only publisher that would do them justice and let them make proper RPGs.

Microsoft making moves that has me interested in them next generation. Maybe it is time for the return to complete multiplatform.

Great news. I hope the y make great AAA RPG exclusives for xbox,
but maintain support for theirs previous projects in PC . I want them to release some games on Steam and GOG too.
A Halo RPG in the Forerunners age(Before the creation of Halo rings) can be a great game.

Sorry for my bad english