Forums - Gaming Discussion - RDR2 Requires 105 GB of Storage Space on PS4

That's pretty huge!..

I don't care for the game so meh! Good luck to everyone else who does.

Around the Network

Probably gonna be the norm next gen. Gonna need 2TB+ in those consoles.

Wow I read that as:
"R2D2 Requires 105 GB of Storage Space on PS4"

I was like I didn't even realize they had a new Star Wars game coming out, let alone one about R2D2!

Wait till they update it more per month for a lifetime of 150 gb. Just imagine GTA 6 gah over 200gb me think :P

My xbl:dx11332sega

My second Xbl:Segasaturnsan

My psn:Segasaturnsan

My Nintendo Friend Code:1302-4985-4999

My Steam:dx11332sega

My youtube Channel:https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC2EeIs1FP89Oz7du7IAEbqg?view_as=subscriber

mZuzek said:
As a Nintendo fan, AAA game sizes are actually mind boggling. You would wonder what they even need all that storage for... 4K textures I guess.

Language support actually takes up lots of space in games.

Around the Network

in 2009 i got a PC with 320 GB of storage space, and it could store everything i needed it to. in 2014 i got a new PC with 1.5 TB of storage space and i still have that PC today. thats just about a 500% increase over the course of 6 years. its only a few months away from me having my PC for 5 years, and yet it doesnt seem like storage has progressed much further. PCs, consoles, any device designed to hold files of that size should have multiple terabytes of storage at this point. ideally, 5 TB should be the standard nowadays if not 4 TB

jason1637 said:
mZuzek said:
As a Nintendo fan, AAA game sizes are actually mind boggling. You would wonder what they even need all that storage for... 4K textures I guess.

Language support actually takes up lots of space in games.

Yeah, that can make sense too. Nintendo games rarely have voice acting, and when they do it's definitely not even close to the amount AAA games have. I do wonder at what quality they store those audio files, though.

1. It has to be Pro 4K texture patch.
2. Games usually demand you to have a lot more space than needed to install I don't know why.
Last gen people said the PS3 needed double the game size of free space because in the moment of the instalation process conclusion the system would effectly have 2x the game file before finishing, but say it's not the case anymore, though from experience it still demands a lot of space available than the game size to install.
I remember making a thread here before getting an external HD when I had around 19gb of free internal space and the PS4 kept saying I had to free more space when I was trying to install Super Meat Boy that weight around 200mb... yeah.

So the game file size should be around 50gb, have a 10gb day one patch on PS4 and a bigger one (20/25) for the Pro.
Uncharted 4 and Final Fantasy XV have install sizes of around 60gb, don't think Redemption 2 will be much bigger on my Slim.

Isn't that the typical way games get patched on ps4? When there is a 3 GB update for GTS, I need to have enough disk space free so the entire game can be copied, 65 GB or so. That doesn't make it a 130 GB game!

It's a giant gas bag

Visit my eBay stampers store: eims-stampers

Deus Ex (2000) - a game that pushes the boundaries of what the video game medium is capable of to a degree unmatched to this very day.