By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - RDR2 Requires 105 GB of Storage Space on PS4

The_Liquid_Laser said:
Fail!

Screw this. I'm not getting the game now. I actually like owning my games. This is just a token disc that lets you download the real game. These people just lost a sale with me.

Doubt it. I bet the full game is on disc.

105GB is not the install size. It's just the amount of space you need to have for it to install since the game is extracting itself on the HDD.

Around the Network
RetroGamer94 said:
So crazy how large games are now. Is it just textures and lack of compressions to some items? It’s getting crazy.

tbh I feel the same way.
This is also why Nintendo dont do voice acting (it costs more, requires more effort, takes up alot of space ect)
And why nintendo dont chase realistic graphics, and textures like these.
It costs too much, theres no reason to because a good game doesnt need insane graphics.

Like Mario Oddessey is just 5.7 GB or something.

A lot of gigabytes.

Is that with or without 4K textures?

We are getting to the point where I only go digital and uninstall after beating a game to free up space.

Less space plz.
At least carts are more flexible with size lol, and disks lost meaning at this point as phisical storage. It's no longer plop in the disk and play...

Around the Network

Things like this makes me wonder when is the first 1Tb game going to arrive.

You know it deserves the GOTY.

Come join The 2018 Obscure Game Monthly Review Thread.

Barozi said:
The_Liquid_Laser said:
Fail!

Screw this. I'm not getting the game now. I actually like owning my games. This is just a token disc that lets you download the real game. These people just lost a sale with me.

Doubt it. I bet the full game is on disc.

105GB is not the install size. It's just the amount of space you need to have for it to install since the game is extracting itself on the HDD.

Yeah their is either 2 scenarios that the 105GB means,

1. The game is actually more like 52.5GB since the PS4 requires the game downloaded and extracted before it installs and it needs double what the game actually is which in this case means you need 105GB free space to install RDR2.

2.The game installed is 105GB which would mean you would need 210GB of free storage to install RDR2.

I'm not actually sure if the 2x space requirement is download only or affects discs installations also.

*Game Includes 50GB of game content and 50GB of 4k Ultra Horse testicle textures.

Good thing PS4 supports USB storage now. I have an 8TB on my Xbox One X and I'm down to 4TB, too! With 4K textures, Gears 4, Halo 5, and Quantum Break are hover above/below the 100GB mark (Quantum with the love action video totals almost 180GB!). It's the age we live in. I imagine Red Dead will be even bigger on the One.

What if you buy the physical copy?

Pocky Lover Boy! 

I'll finally stop being lazy and get my hybrid 1.5tb switched from my old ps4 into the pro. Being really lazy with that lately.