Forums - Gaming Discussion - RDR2 Requires 105 GB of Storage Space on PS4

Things like this makes me wonder when is the first 1Tb game going to arrive.

You know it deserves the GOTY.

Come join The 2018 Obscure Game Monthly Review Thread.

Around the Network
Barozi said:
The_Liquid_Laser said:
Fail!

Screw this. I'm not getting the game now. I actually like owning my games. This is just a token disc that lets you download the real game. These people just lost a sale with me.

Doubt it. I bet the full game is on disc.

105GB is not the install size. It's just the amount of space you need to have for it to install since the game is extracting itself on the HDD.

Yeah their is either 2 scenarios that the 105GB means,

1. The game is actually more like 52.5GB since the PS4 requires the game downloaded and extracted before it installs and it needs double what the game actually is which in this case means you need 105GB free space to install RDR2.

2.The game installed is 105GB which would mean you would need 210GB of free storage to install RDR2.

I'm not actually sure if the 2x space requirement is download only or affects discs installations also.

*Game Includes 50GB of game content and 50GB of 4k Ultra Horse testicle textures.

Good thing PS4 supports USB storage now. I have an 8TB on my Xbox One X and I'm down to 4TB, too! With 4K textures, Gears 4, Halo 5, and Quantum Break are hover above/below the 100GB mark (Quantum with the love action video totals almost 180GB!). It's the age we live in. I imagine Red Dead will be even bigger on the One.

mZuzek loves Smeags. 😢

What if you buy the physical copy?

Pocky Lover Boy! 

I'll finally stop being lazy and get my hybrid 1.5tb switched from my old ps4 into the pro. Being really lazy with that lately.

Around the Network

After having BO3 and FFXV at +100GB ill be use to seeing this for big AAA games.

Jranation said:
What if you buy the physical copy?

Physical PS4 games require full installs, so it wouldn't make much of a difference. The only difference would be that installing from disc is a lot faster than downloading unless you have insanely good internet.

Bet Shiken that COD would outsell Battlefield in 2018. http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8749702

So basically the 500GB PS4 owners are fucked up by this. lol

mZuzek said:
As a Nintendo fan, AAA game sizes are actually mind boggling. You would wonder what they even need all that storage for... 4K textures I guess.

Now that you mention it, I wonder if they force everyone to download and install 4K textures, even if you only have a standard PS4 or Xbox One.
I hope not. 

The game itself probably isn't going to be 105gb at launch, I think they say 105gb so they give the consumer a heads up to keep space free for all the Updates and Red Dead Online.

The Single Player part of the game is probably around 40-60gb.