By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Time the ultimate truth teller: PS4 Pro

VAMatt said:
KLXVER said:
Congratulations. Now we will get new updates to consoles every 2-3 years.

I see this as a good thing.  

People that want to play current games at the lowest possible price can upgrade once every 7-8 years, a year or two into each generation.  But, people that want every bit of power available, but like the convenience of consoles over PCs can upgrade every few years.  

Basically, gamers have more options, and options are good.  

Well people who wait 2-3 years will get the better experience though. At least now we know it will happen again next gen and we can wait.

Around the Network

What are you talking about? Some of these quotes range from being at the time fair concerns that are not worth ridicule to barely ever even being said at all. Why act like there was a huge outrage over the console when there never was to begin with? And hell ... The Xbox One X IS better.

This is just as bad as those Switch threads where people rub it in that someone dared to be negative about the Switch in the past. Although at least there was actually rampant outrage back then, with most people responding to sales predictions that are now verifiably wrong. This is just stirring the shit.

Last edited by AngryLittleAlchemist - on 21 September 2018

I'm trying to buy a PS4 Pro and it's sold out on many places. I'm getting worried.

God bless You.

My Total Sales prediction for PS4 by the end of 2021: 110m+

When PS4 will hit 100m consoles sold: Before Christmas 2019

There were three ravens sat on a tree / They were as blacke as they might be / The one of them said to his mate, Where shall we our breakfast take?

Ganoncrotch said:
KLXVER said:

Games didn't look or ran better on them though. It was just a cosmetic upgrade...or downgrade if you didn't like the new design.

Gbc had colour

Gbasp had internal rechargable battery and back light

DSi had extra memory and camera

Nds3 xl / n2dsxl feature new processors with an extra analog stick.

If you count the GBC as the same gen as the original GB, then fair enough. If Sony releases the PS5 in 2020 and then the PS5 Pro in 2029, I promise I wont complain.

potato_hamster said:
RolStoppable said:

We all know the answer is "no".

We all know if this was about Nintendo hardware, you could just check out your files and provide quotes and links within mere minutes!

We all know, that despite platform and topic always some people say some stupid shit.

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [peak year] [+], [1], [2], [3], [4]

Around the Network

Its pretty much with any new hardware in the past has been failure, probably Sega can speak to this better then anyone.  However the last two generations have seen add on's that have worked, from the camera, to the move.  The PS Pro much like the PSVR needed the software to justify the purchase and now finally it has  PS Pro can now be applied to all games made for PS4 either for graphical enhancements or FPS etc.  Now with the PSVR with games like Moss and Firewall zero hour and Farpoint.

It's a long term strategy. Rather than drop the OG PS4 to a bargain price they will discontinue it and replace it with the PS4 Pro at the same price. That's always how I saw it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F1gWECYYOSo

Please Watch/Share this video so it gets shown in Hollywood.

Think about it a little bit. The cause of PS4 pro being out of stock so frequently was probably because the slim is wildly outselling it, so Sony just doesn't bother to stock it anymore, rather than it being in exteme demand, which seems unlikely.

Bet with Intrinsic:

The Switch will outsell 3DS (based on VGchartz numbers), according to me, while Intrinsic thinks the opposite will hold true. One month avatar control for the loser's avatar.

These kinds of threads are up there with the gloating necro-bumps in terms of doing nothing positive.  This could have easily been a much better thread if the OP had provided real numbers, discussed why he thinks mid-gen upgrades have defied the expectations of some, and left the gloating and "quotes" for fanboy forums.

potato_hamster said:

We all know if this was about Nintendo hardware, you could just check out your files and provide quotes and links within mere minutes!

CGI-Quality said:
OTBWY said:

Because some people don't base their threads on made up fake outrage to glorify their console.

Guys....enough.

Get OP to provide links.