By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Are you buying the Nintendo Online Service?

Are you buying the Nintendo Online Service?

Yes 103 60.95%

No 54 31.95%

Undecided 12 7.10%

Total:169

Yes, I need to play Smash online, easy enough for me.

Around the Network

Yes. $20 isn't much money for a year of online access, in my opinion.

Everything else is extra in my opinion, and I expect Nintendo to make their service better over time to convince more people to buy it.

I probably need to, if I want to play MonHun Online. But maybe MonHun Gen U does not support Switch Online (meaning Online is free). In that case probably not.

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [peak year] [+], [1], [2], [3], [4]

I really don't see a reason to. If my daughter wants it for Splatoon 2, I'll get it. She hasn't played it in weeks, though. Unless there's some really good feature that I don't know about, it just isn't for me.

Off course. I play splatoon.

Around the Network

Yes because Splatoon 2 is the best game on the Switch for me.

Pocky Lover Boy! 

I will not be subscribing at this point. I don't really play online games on Switch, and I'm not interested in 30 year old games.

On another matter, a bunch of people in this thread have mentioned "deals" for digital purchases, presumably for subscribers. But, has Ninty said this will be a thing? I don't think it is safe to assume that they'll offer special deals to subscribers, unless the explicitly say so. They're the least deal-offering gaming company I can think os.

Dunno if I’ll use it much long term but it’s not exactly expensive so will most likely end up subscribing anyway. Won’t be the first time I’ve wasted money on a service.

Nope. I couldn't care less about NES games, and never play online. There's absolutely no reason for me to.

Only $20 so I'm getting it just because its cheap, thats it.

NND: 0047-7271-7918 | XBL: Nights illusion | PSN: GameNChick