By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Are you buying the Nintendo Online Service?

Are you buying the Nintendo Online Service?

Yes 103 60.95%

No 54 31.95%

Undecided 12 7.10%

Total:169

Yes. I want the free games with online capabilities for fun and shenanigans with friends. Also Smash Online. And Animal Crossing online.

Around the Network

No. Not until Nintendo learns that just slapping a paywall on their network, without adding or changing anything, is a dick move. At least PSN on PS4 is a huuuuge from its humble days on PS3, so the paywall felt justified. If Nintendo finally adds a damn achievement system, I’ll consider.

0331 Happiness is a belt-fed weapon

I really don't care about cloud saves or voice chat or any of that. I just want to play Splatoon 2, ARMS and Smash online, and my friends and I use Discord anyway.

It's kind of funny to me Nintendo gets all this crap for it when Sony and Microsoft have done it for years. (To be fair, I remember when Sony got crap for it when they started.) It really doesn't matter if you don't like it or boycott it, because anyone at all paying it makes them more money than giving online free to everyone. And with Smash coming, they really don't need everyone to like it. Enough people will pay.

Most likely not. I don't care enough about online multiplayer to justify that, and the other aspects of the online service aren't worth it at this point. Maybe when it includes more than a bunch of NES games to play.

No, and I wouldn't even if I had a Switch (which I'm hoping to get once I think I have enough time to play some games on it). I can play games online for free on PC if I want to, so that satisfies most of my (fairly little) desire to play online. The rest simply isn't worth it for me, just like it isn't on PS4.

Around the Network

as a firm No when announced to now.  i think i am going to just deal out $20 in a week, see what they bring over the year and decide after that to keep it or not. I mainly want the NES games really.

My child plays fornight all the time so guess im gonna have to pay it for him to continue playing.

Mystro-Sama said:
I think its bs some people are giving Nintendo a pass for this. Its so fucked up that online pay is locked behind a paywall. Microsoft should have never started this shit.

Because we knew this is coming since the Switch Presentation. Most of the hate have worn out. And in fact if Sony didnt follow MS, im not sure if Nintendo would. 

Pocky Lover Boy! 

DialgaMarine said:

No. Not until Nintendo learns that just slapping a paywall on their network, without adding or changing anything, is a dick move. At least PSN on PS4 is a huuuuge from its humble days on PS3, so the paywall felt justified. If Nintendo finally adds a damn achievement system, I’ll consider.

You dont play any online games on the Switch?

Pocky Lover Boy! 

Yes.