By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Are you buying the Nintendo Online Service?

Are you buying the Nintendo Online Service?

Yes 103 60.95%

No 54 31.95%

Undecided 12 7.10%

Total:169
twintail said:
Nogamez said:
My child plays fornight all the time so guess im gonna have to pay it for him to continue playing.

pretty sure F2P doesn't require the subscription (somehow confirm/ deny please)

Oh cool cheers thanks ill look into it.

Around the Network

Cloud Saves?
Smash Online?
NESflix?

Yes. Yes I am. 25 CAD is really nothing as far as I'm concerned. I will happily be paying for the online service even if I rarely play games online.

My Console Library:

PS5, Switch, XSX

PS4, PS3, PS2, PS1, WiiU, Wii, GCN, N64 SNES, XBO, 360

3DS, DS, GBA, Vita, PSP, Android

Nogamez said:
My child plays fornight all the time so guess im gonna have to pay it for him to continue playing.

I don't believe so. I'm to understand Free 2 Play games remain free to play online. Could be wrong, though. 

My Console Library:

PS5, Switch, XSX

PS4, PS3, PS2, PS1, WiiU, Wii, GCN, N64 SNES, XBO, 360

3DS, DS, GBA, Vita, PSP, Android

Jranation said:
DialgaMarine said:

No. Not until Nintendo learns that just slapping a paywall on their network, without adding or changing anything, is a dick move. At least PSN on PS4 is a huuuuge from its humble days on PS3, so the paywall felt justified. If Nintendo finally adds a damn achievement system, I’ll consider.

You dont play any online games on the Switch?

I’ve played some Splatoon 2 and MK8D, but I’ve been able to do that for free. It makes no sense why I suddenly have to pay to

play them when nothing is really being added to the network as a whole. 

0331 Happiness is a belt-fed weapon

Nogamez said:

Fortnite and other F2P games don't require the Nintendo Switch Online service to play online, so there's no need to buy it right now.

Around the Network

I support the other 2 with their online services. I'll support Nintendo with theirs. I'm not too crazy about NES titles anymore, but I have faith that it'll get better. So I'll stick with Nintendo. Much like I had faith in Sony when the PS Plus initially dropped. It was worse than what Nintendo is offering at the moment.

Besides the prices are affordable.

PSN ID- RayCrocheron82

XBL Gamertag- RAFIE82

NNID- RAFIE82/ Friend Code: SW-6006-2580-8237

YouTube- Rafie Crocheron

Nogamez said:

Pretty sure Fortnite doesn't require NSO.

Yes. Finally they offer dedicated online servers for Splatoon. I'm ready to pay for that.

And then we have Mario Kart, Mario Tennis and a few other games where I want to use at least online rankings.

Probably only for a month to try the service and NES games.

Yeah, I'll be getting it. I don't really do online play these days, but I love my classic NES games enough that I try to have them on each Nintendo console that I can so I'm never at risk of losing them or of them getting corrupted or anything. To me, it's worth $20/year for that alone.