By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Are you buying the Nintendo Online Service?

Are you buying the Nintendo Online Service?

Yes 103 60.95%

No 54 31.95%

Undecided 12 7.10%

Total:169

Yes.

Hopefully it will be put to good use. I don't mind putting a few bucks towards Sony, Microsoft, and Nintendo if they keep expanding their platforms. If they can match the improvements I have been paying for through XBL and Gamepass I will be very pleased. PS+ and PS Now are a bad example, I hope Nintendo delivers.

Stop hate, let others live the life they were given. Everyone has their problems, and no one should have to feel ashamed for the way they were born. Be proud of who you are, encourage others to be proud of themselves. Learn, research, absorb everything around you. Nothing is meaningless, a purpose is placed on everything no matter how you perceive it. Discover how to love, and share that love with everything that you encounter. Help make existence a beautiful thing.

Kevyn B Grams
10/03/2010 

KBG29 on PSN&XBL

Around the Network

Yes, for cloud saves.

Yes, when Smash Bros comes out in December. For launch, I'll just use my 7-day free trial, 'cause I kind of want to try Mario Bros 3 online.

I have to, mainly for my daughter's Splatoon 2.

Nintendo Switch FC: SW-6340-7643-4233 aka Renji

Steam: Lee Roid

yes
-i want to still be able to play Splatoon and Mario Kart 8 online
-im looking forward to having NES games on the Switch
-its still 1/3 the price of competitor consoles

Around the Network

Undecided. I've barely touched Splatoon 2 lately (I think it's been more than a month already) and that's the only game I'd play online anyways. NES games don't really interest me so I don't think I'm spending $20 on a service I won't use much when I could get a new game instead, at least not right now.

considering the cost is so little, yeah, I don't give a damn about this charge to keep playing Switch online lol, and I'll likely save more than it costs with the deals considering since launch I've bought over 110 Switch titles.

Last edited by Ganoncrotch - on 15 September 2018

Why not check me out on youtube and help me on the way to 2k subs over at www.youtube.com/stormcloudlive

I'm giving Nintendo $20 a year to invest in a service that I hope blossoms into something wonderful. That's $1.67 per month or .06 cents per day. Don't think I'll be missing that money once it leaves my bank account, and hopefully in a few years Nintendo will have an amazing service, I'll have saved a bunch of money on gaming deals, and I'll have save files of games like Metroid and Zelda that I can keep working on when I get a few minutes. And who knows, Nintendo loves surprises, so maybe next year they'll unveil a few SNES to go along with the NES titles.

super_etecoon said:
I'm giving Nintendo $20 a year to invest in a service that I hope blossoms into something wonderful. That's $1.67 per month or .06 cents per day. Don't think I'll be missing that money once it leaves my bank account, and hopefully in a few years Nintendo will have an amazing service, I'll have saved a bunch of money on gaming deals, and I'll have save files of games like Metroid and Zelda that I can keep working on when I get a few minutes. And who knows, Nintendo loves surprises, so maybe next year they'll unveil a few SNES to go along with the NES titles.

My thoughts exactly on this one, it's more an investment than paying for online service that's there right now. Want Nintendo to create something which rivals the awesome service that is psn+ or xblg in terms of monthly games and discounts.

Why not check me out on youtube and help me on the way to 2k subs over at www.youtube.com/stormcloudlive

Just a month here and there if I want to play online.