By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo's 2019 looks pretty impressive already

Switch will hit 40 million units sold before 2019 ends. Calling it now. 



Around the Network

Probably 4 5million+ games, and at least 2 10+ million already. not bad.
And still much more to come. Lots of them are for the begining of 2019



killeryoshis said:

I agree. We are finally seeing the handheld companies coming aboard to the system. (Notice how a lot of the games are from handheld companies.) Now we can see Nintendo fighting with TWO hands unlike before(Handheld and home console games on one system!). I expect 2020 to have all the home console companies to have some big guns. That's when the new Mario and Zelda games should be out. (oh silly me I can't go around spoiling that year already!)

I hope you guys have an empty Switch backlog by the time next year starts.

2D Zelda next year. We get a new Zelda every 2 years!

Ignore 2015 tho, due to the mess that was 3DS and Wii U with Zelda remakes and spin-offs



Bet with bluedawgs: I say Switch will outsell PS4 in 2018, he says PS4 will outsell Switch. He's now permabanned, but the bet will remain in my sig.

NNID: Slarvax - Steam: Slarvax - Friend Code:  SW 7885-0552-5988

killeryoshis said:

I agree. We are finally seeing the handheld companies coming aboard to the system. (Notice how a lot of the games are from handheld companies.) Now we can see Nintendo fighting with TWO hands unlike before(Handheld and home console games on one system!). I expect 2020 to have all the home console companies to have some big guns. That's when the new Mario and Zelda games should be out. (oh silly me I can't go around spoiling that year already!)

I hope you guys have an empty Switch backlog by the time next year starts.

My Switch backlog right now will keep me until 2050.



3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [peak year], [1], [2], [3], [4]

PAOerfulone said:
2019:

- New Mainline Animal Crossing
- Pokemon Gen 8

If they add a price drop to that....
Good lord, the Switch is gonna explode in Japan next year.

If they manage to reach those 20M in this FY, I really could see Nintendo get close to DS level sales next year. Especially if there are some more games coming from Nintendo or some more high-profile Multiplats.

Cerebralbore101 said: 

Switch will hit 40 million units sold before 2019 ends. Calling it now. 

They are already at 20M and the holiday season hasn't even started yet. 40M wouldn't be a very big achievement considering Switch will be at 25-30M by end of the year; it could even be achieved with a strong slowdown in sales.

Thus I'm calling 50M+ by end of 2019

Last edited by Bofferbrauer2 - on 14 September 2018

Around the Network
Bofferbrauer2 said:
PAOerfulone said:
2019:

- New Mainline Animal Crossing
- Pokemon Gen 8

If they add a price drop to that....
Good lord, the Switch is gonna explode in Japan next year.

If they manage to reach those 20M in this FY, I really could see Nintendo get close to DS level sales next year. Especially if there are some more games coming from Nintendo or some more high-profile Multiplats.

I was just thinking, with all these announcements and the lineup we're looking at for the rest of 2018 and heading into 2019, Nintendo should be able to reach that goal of 20 million for the fiscal year. They're going to be riding high off the holidays going into next year from Smash and Pokemon, and they'll have New Mario U in January to kick things off, and yeah, it may be a port, but it's still 2D Mario, and as we've seen with just about every other Wii U port to the Switch, the mainstream audience doesn't care if it's a port. So, I think they should be able to reach it now. 
And as for next fiscal year, if this Direct is an indication of what 2019 and early 2020 will be like, I could see 22-25 million; Basically 2008-2009, peak Wii levels!



Ljink96 said:
Yeah Nintendo is most likely going to own 2019. Animal Crossing and Pokemon Gen 8 alone are going to fly off the shelves along with Switches. We don't even know what Nintendo is going to announce at TGS or the Game Awards. 2018 hasn't been that great, especially in the first half but 2019 is shaping up to be quite the turn around.

I dont think that Nintendo will announce anything at TGS because it's too close to Direct, but I expecting some more 3rd party announcement this year. Talking about Game Awards, my bet is that they will show Metroid Prime 4 and announce Metroid Trilogy HD. :)

 

Ultravolt said: 
KLXVER said: 

I personally don't think Bayonetta 3 will make it next year either.

I agree. They both seem too far off at the moment. Maybe 2020 at the earliest.

Game was announced in December 2017. so 2020. is latest when game will arrive not earliest.

 

Yerm said: 
are people really anticipating Daemon X Machina? for me it honestly looks like a mobile game

With every showing game looks better, and looks very nice, definitely don't looks like mobile game, maybe you just dont like art style of game.

 

Cerebralbore101 said: 

Switch will hit 40 million units sold before 2019 ends. Calling it now. 

Switch will be at 30m+ at end of this year, at end of next year Switch should be close to 50m not 40m. :)



AngryLittleAlchemist said:
Proud of you Nintendo. Proud of you.

I wish someone was proud of me for doing a minimum of my job requirement.



If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

vivster said:
AngryLittleAlchemist said:
Proud of you Nintendo. Proud of you.

I wish someone was proud of me for doing a minimum of my job requirement.

You were quite praised during your temporary time as a Discord owner. Wish granted, I'd say. 



Link to the VGChartz Discord server: https://discord.gg/2uMTaYtv

With Animal Crossing announced, the only thing I'm missing now is a new Mario Strikers!