By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo's 2019 looks pretty impressive already

If nothing slips, and everything sticks to 2019, it would be an excellent year. New Super Mario Bros U DX, Yoshi's Crafted World, Fire Emblem: Three Houses, Daemon X Machina, Luigi's Mansion 3, Animal Crossing, Pokemon Gen 8, Town, Metroid Prime 4 and Bayonetta 3 would be superb. Add in the possibility of Retro's rumoured Star Fox GP, and it's potentially a cracking year.

Right now I'd say there are question marks over Prime 4 and Bayonetta 3 in particular, given they have no release date. Some people spent all last year expecting games to slip out of 2017 though and Nintendo nailed it; here's hoping they do the same for 2019.

Around the Network

So for now confirmed games:

-NSMBU
-Yoshi's Crafted World
-Town
-Daemon X Machina
-Fire Emblem: Three Houses
-Luigi's Mansion 3
-Animal Crossing
-Pokemon Gen 8
-Bayonetta 3 and Metroid Prime 4 are not confirmed but they are potential 2019. games

Dont forget we are in September 2018. so we will have 2019. announcements at least in next 9 months (at least until E3 2019.),
so I expect at least few more 1st party games, few more Wii U ports, some 3rd party exclusive and more 3rd party multipaltform games than we had this year similar to Crash Bandicoot, Fortnite, Doom Eternal, Dark Souls, Diablo 3, CiV6, FF games..

Switch 2019. will be insane. :D

Poor WiiU really only has Super Mario 3D World left, which I’m sure will also come to Switch at some point.

S.Peelman said:
Poor WiiU really only has Super Mario 3D World left, which I’m sure will also come to Switch at some point.

It has more left than just that, like Fatal Frame 5 for instance. Especially Tokio Mirage Sessions, which I really hope will get ported to the Switch, too

Bofferbrauer2 said:
S.Peelman said:

It has more left than just that, like Fatal Frame 5 for instance. Especially Tokio Mirage Sessions, which I really hope will get ported to the Switch, too

Dont forget Pikmin 3, W101, Zelda WW/TP HD. :)

Around the Network
Bofferbrauer2 said:
S.Peelman said:

Miyamotoo said:
Bofferbrauer2 said:

dx11332sega said:
Miyamotoo said:

And Xenoblade chronicles X

Lol. XD

Yeah I forgot about Pikmin 3, TMS and Xenoblade 2, there’s still more high profile games left besides SM3DW.

S.Peelman said:

It won't, Super Mario 3D World is Wii U's 3D Mario, there is only one specific 3D Mario game for each Nintendo home console and they're never released again.

dx11332sega said:
Miyamotoo said:

And Xenoblade chronicles X

Yeah, there are at least 5 strong potential Wii U ports left for Switch, so SM3DW, W101, Pikmin 3, Zelda WW/TP HD, Xenoblade Chronicles X, Tokio Mirage Sessions and Fatal Frame 5. There is also Mario Maker but I am sure we will have Mario Maker 2 on Switch.

SKMBlake said: 
S.Peelman said: 

It won't, Super Mario 3D World is Wii U's 3D Mario, there is only one specific 3D Mario game for each Nintendo home console and they're never released again.

Mario 64 DS says hi, not to mention that Nintendo with Switch and 3DS is porting much more than they did before, fact that they already ported/announced 7 Wii U games in year and half, tells us how they intend to port almost every Wii U good game to Switch.

Only case that I see they will not port SM3DW to Switch is if they are working on SM3DW2, in other words, there are very good chances for SM3DW port for Switch.

Too many games.

So October and January.

3ds and Nitnendo switch have good things out I want to play. cannot wait for Luigi mansion remake and Mario & Luigi saga.

Switch!!!

Didnt we get kind of a W101 teaser some time ago? Wonder whatever happened with that.... also, where’s my mario strikers/advance wars?