By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo's 2019 looks pretty impressive already

Miyamotoo said: 
SKMBlake said: 

It won't, Super Mario 3D World is Wii U's 3D Mario, there is only one specific 3D Mario game for each Nintendo home console and they're never released again.

Mario 64 DS says hi, not to mention that Nintendo with Switch and 3DS is porting much more than they did before, fact that they already ported/announced 7 Wii U games in year and half, tells us how they intend to port almost every Wii U good game to Switch.

Only case that I see they will not port SM3DW to Switch is if they are working on SM3DW2, in other words, there are very good chances for SM3DW port for Switch.

I specifically said "there is only one specific 3D Mario game for each Nintendo home console" and you bring up the DS remake of 64, that doesn't make any sense.

Nothing in what you said is contradicting my point. There is no chance they would work on another Super Mario 3D World, they specifically remove Super Mario 3D World stages from Captain Toad to replace them with Odyssey themed stages, 3D World was only for the Wii U, like Smash 4, and will remain it.

Around the Network
SKMBlake said:
Miyamotoo said: 

Mario 64 DS says hi, not to mention that Nintendo with Switch and 3DS is porting much more than they did before, fact that they already ported/announced 7 Wii U games in year and half, tells us how they intend to port almost every Wii U good game to Switch.

Only case that I see they will not port SM3DW to Switch is if they are working on SM3DW2, in other words, there are very good chances for SM3DW port for Switch.

I specifically said "there is only one specific 3D Mario game for each Nintendo home console" and you bring up the DS remake of 64, that doesn't make any sense.

Nothing in what you said is contradicting my point. There is no chance they would work on another Super Mario 3D World, they specifically remove Super Mario 3D World stages from Captain Toad to replace them with Odyssey themed stages, 3D World was only for the Wii U, like Smash 4, and will remain it.

Yeah, but point that they released older 3D mario game to onother platform.

You cant say there is no chanche and when you don't have anything to backup such a claims, point that they remove Super Mario 3D World stages from Captain Toad to replace them with Odyssey themed stages dont means nothing. 3D World also doesn't have anything with Smash 4, Smash is game similar to MK and now Splatoon, one IP per generation where they have huge focus on online and than keep supporting game with updates, 3D World is game like any other game. There is no reason that 3D World remains only on Switch unless they dont work 3D World 2 already, espacily when they ported so much Wii U games until now and they will continue to port some other good Wii U games to Switch.

Miyamotoo said:
SKMBlake said:

You cant say there is no chanche and you don't even have anything to backup such a claims, point that they remove Super Mario 3D World stages from Captain Toad to replace them with Odyssey themed stages dont means nothing. 3D World also doesn't have anything with Smash 4, Smash is game similar to MK and now Splatoon, one IP per generation where they have huge focus on online and than keep supporting game with updates, 3D World is game like any other game. There is no reason that 3D World remains only on Switch unless they dont work 3D World 2 already, espacily when they ported so much Wii U games until now and they will continue to port some other Wii U games to Switch.

I don't know why "One Smash/MK and Splatoon per generation" makes sense to you but no 3D Mario games.

3D Mario games are built around the console itself. Super Mario 64 was built around the N64 analog stick, Sunshine was set on Delphino island, shaped like a dolphin, because the gamecube's project name was Dolphin, Super Mario Galaxy's gameplay is build around the Wiimotes and Super Mario Odyssey is meant to be playable with the joycons and to be played in short sessions, to fit the hybrid form of the console.

A 3D Mario game is the way Nintendo tell us how he wants us to play games on its console.

SKMBlake said:
Miyamotoo said:

You cant say there is no chanche and you don't even have anything to backup such a claims, point that they remove Super Mario 3D World stages from Captain Toad to replace them with Odyssey themed stages dont means nothing. 3D World also doesn't have anything with Smash 4, Smash is game similar to MK and now Splatoon, one IP per generation where they have huge focus on online and than keep supporting game with updates, 3D World is game like any other game. There is no reason that 3D World remains only on Switch unless they dont work 3D World 2 already, espacily when they ported so much Wii U games until now and they will continue to port some other Wii U games to Switch.

I don't know why "One Smash/MK and Splatoon per generation" makes sense to you but no 3D Mario games.

3D Mario games are built around the console itself. Super Mario 64 was built around the N64 analog stick, Sunshine was set on Delphino island, shaped like a dolphin, because the gamecube's project name was Dolphin, Super Mario Galaxy's gameplay is build around the Wiimotes and Super Mario Odyssey is meant to be playable with the joycons and to be played in short sessions, to fit the hybrid form of the console.

A 3D Mario game is the way Nintendo tell us how he wants us to play games on its console.

Because I already answered you!? Again, Smash is game similar to MK and now Splatoon, one IP per generation where they have huge focus on online and where Nintendo keep supporting game with updates through almost hole life span. SM3DW and generaly 3D Zelda are opoosite games, we can easily have multiply 3D Mario and 3D Zelda game per platform. I 100% certain that Switch will get onother new 3D Mario and 3D Zelda, while no way it will get onother Splatoon and onother Smash game, maybe just onother MK game simple because MK8D is a Wii U game.

Lol, almost every N64 games uses N64 analog stick, point that Sunshine was set on Delphino island doent meant that game cant be ported to onother platform, most Nintendo Wii games use Wii Remote same like Zeldas on Wii, what you wrote for Super Mario Odyssey can be said for almost any other Nintendo Switch game. Every game that you mention could easily be ported and work on other platforms, for instance Mario Galaxy works on Nvidia Tegra Tablet.

No, 3D Mario is game like any other game, its huge and popular IP, but there is nothing about 3D Mario that point it needs to be bound for one platform espacily today when Nintendo massively porting games, and you already have example of Mario 64 DS.

Flilix said:

That new Game Freak game also looks pretty interesting. When was the last time they made something else than Pokémon?

The art style reminds me Ni no Kuni, give me a solid battle system and am there day 1

Around the Network
SKMBlake said:
S.Peelman said:
Poor WiiU really only has Super Mario 3D World left, which I’m sure will also come to Switch at some point.

It won't, Super Mario 3D World is Wii U's 3D Mario, there is only one specific 3D Mario game for each Nintendo home console and they're never released again.

Eh, rules are meant to be broken.

It could be a truly great year — a rival for 2017 if the stars align, and Metroid/Bayonetta/Animal Crossing live up to series’ pedigree.

A nice combination of AA and AAA Nintendo games, plus I’m sure a bunch of Japanese AA (the transition from 3DS and Vita should be complete by 2019) and western A games filling in the gaps.

If the games deliver, the year will easily be better than 2017

Miyamotoo said:
SKMBlake said:

Because I already answered you!? Again, Smash is game similar to MK and now Splatoon, one IP per generation where they have huge focus on online and where Nintendo keep supporting game with updates through almost hole life span. SM3DW and generaly 3D Zelda are opoosite games, we can easily have multiply 3D Mario and 3D Zelda game per platform. I 100% certain that Switch will get onother new 3D Mario and 3D Zelda, while no way it will get onother Splatoon and onother Smash game, maybe just onother MK game simple because MK8D is a Wii U game.

Lol, almost every N64 games uses N64 analog stick, point that Sunshine was set on Delphino island doent meant that game cant be ported to onother platform, most Nintendo Wii games use Wii Remote same like Zeldas on Wii, what you wrote for Super Mario Odyssey can be said for almost any other Nintendo Switch game. Every game that you mention could easily be ported and work on other platforms, for instance Mario Galaxy works on Nvidia Tegra Tablet.

No, 3D Mario is game like any other game, its huge and popular IP, but there is nothing about 3D Mario that point it needs to be bound for one platform espacily today when Nintendo massively porting games, and you already have example of Mario 64 DS.

You clearly missed my point but nevermind. And the fact that you can't name one 3D Mario game ported to an other home console proves also my point. It's never gonna happen, 3D Mario games aren'ts like other games.

I think it all depends on the new Pokemon.

It really needs to advance the formula massively.