By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Global Hardware 4 August 2018

zorg1000 said:
AlbiNecroxz said:

4 weeks in a row! US and Japan did very well, Europe not so much, it's the hardest market for Nintendo, indeed
Will the Smash Direct increase more and more Switch numbers?

I'm still doubting the Europe numbers, it just doesn't add up with Nintendo's own statements.

The Switch has very good momentum in the UK so I cant see how it wont have in the wider Europe since the UK is very pro PS4 and XBOX.

To give you an idea of the difference in adoption between the Wii U and the switch, I only knew one other person asides from myself who had a Wii U and I endured a fair amount of derision for not following the trend of buying the PS4 and XBox 1, I was sort of considered odd in the office ina friendly manner.

With the Switch, we are already 3 who own Switches in my direct team of 15 people and I know a fair number of people in the wider office planning to buy during the holidays. Infact I have become a go to person for recommending switch games in the office since many were aware I pre-ordered it for the launch.

I have to say though that a lot of people are planning to use it as a handheld. Someone actually asked me today if RDR 2 would be coming to the Switch, he wanted a portae version of it. LOL.

Around the Network
Medisti said:
curl, where are you? Crow is being served again. :P                             

In my defense, I was working from VGChartz numbers that have since been adjusted. Initially pre-Octopath weeks were reported as being in the 150-180k range, but they were since adjusted up significantly. I can only extrapolate from the numbers I have at the time. 

curl-6 said:
Medisti said:
curl, where are you? Crow is being served again. :P                             

In my defense, I was working from VGChartz numbers that have since been adjusted. Initially pre-Octopath weeks were reported as being in the 150-180k range, but they were since adjusted up significantly. I can only extrapolate from the numbers I have at the time. 

You don't need to make excuses. I was just teasing

Rob5VGC said:
Japan once again holding the PS4 back from its true numbers.

And Europe once again holding the Switch back from its true numbers ^^

Oh wow yet another week with Switch at the top. Where's the cliff.

Around the Network

Looks like the PS4 has reached saturation point at the current price point. It’s 2 years since the last one now.

Rob5VGC said:
Japan once again holding the PS4 back from its true numbers.

True numbers? The true numbers are simply the numbers it did in reality sell. And if Sony needs better japanese numbers they have to cater better to japanese tastes. It's as simply as that.

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [peak year] [+], [1], [2], [3], [4]

Lawlight said:
Looks like the PS4 has reached saturation point at the current price point. It’s 2 years since the last one now.

There just was no interesting game release...summer...I’d actually say those numbers are still pretty impressive and only high because of things to come, Spider-Man above all. X1 doesn’t have that which is why it’s tumbling down.

It's time for Switch to go back to second place damn =p

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

DonFerrari said:
It's time for Switch to go back to second place damn =p

it will in two weeks

NND: 0047-7271-7918 | XBL: Nights illusion | PSN: GameNChick