By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Why do male gamers whine about female characters in gaming? especially about Battlefield V?

Scisca said:

You're completely missing the point, especially with that pathetic "fragile masculinity" nonsense. People are finally starting to be fed up with anticultural communists destroying our culture, civilization, values and societies. People in the West are finally starting to take notice of just how destructive communism is (as if every single past example wasn't enough... smh). The way EA presented this issue, the way the CEO voiced his opinion made it clear that we're talking about yet another brick in the wall. It was clear this was part of the ideological warfare that's ravaging the whole White Man's World and people are treating it accordingly. This has nothing to do with "men not wanting women in games", since such a claim is simply stupid and not even worth debating. This is a part of something much, much bigger than gaming and while most people aren't aware of the real scope of the problem, at least finally they are aware that there is a proble.

You calling EA "communists" was one of the funniest things I've ever read. Thank you for that.

B O I

Around the Network

Nobody gives a damn about playing as a woman. Have you not seen the success of Horizon, Nier, Metroid, Tomb Raider and many others? But there's clearly a trend here since the SJW bullshit started in 2017 and not only in video games. Game developers/movie directors are not adding women because it fits their vision, but more for the sake of LOOK HOW PROGRESSIVE WE ARE. The lesbian kiss in the TLoU 2 demo was totally unnecessary and forced but don't you dare complain about it you ignorant women hating fuck! Games, just like movies and books, are a form of entertainment to escape the stupid ass reality we live in. SJW's, feminists and LGTB's are the biggest cancers in this world because they can't stand still and appreciate the progress we've made since a few decades ago, or look at way more important problems in the world right now. Nobody wants face this political bullshit over and over again.

Shiken said:
In the case of BFV, I think it is more EA's response and how they disrespect their consumers on the matter than the female character itself. Even now, everytime they say something about the subject, it comes off as trollish.

Not just this, but also the horribly inaccurate portrayal of World War II didn't sit right with a lot of people. Why does the one British officer have a katana? How common were those in 1930s/40s Europe?

I am actually shocked to discover the OP is FattyDingDong. No offense but this is one of the most reasonable and well thought out threads I have seen from you. I actually find myself agreeing with you.

Yes, people are angry. If your series does not start out with a female protagonist you will be given hell if you change to one apparently. See some of the reaction to The Last of Us Part II or Gears V.

Usually people who say "agenda this" or "agenda that" are convinced popular culture is out to get them and make them feel uncomfortable.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F1gWECYYOSo

Please Watch/Share this video so it gets shown in Hollywood.

melbye said:
I've never had problems playing female characters, like ever. But that Battlefield-character is just so ridiculous with her prosthetic arm. And just like other people have said they attack people who voice their objection

yeah basically you're forced to like what they say you should or else males are called sexists and every other label in the book.  EA gonna learn the hard way with BFV's sales.

NND: 0047-7271-7918 | XBL: Nights illusion | PSN: GameNChick

Around the Network

I think the whole matter is not about accuracy, but credibility. Nobody thinks that those games are depicting the reality, but they want them to paint a credible representation of the era.

And with BFV, they deliberately chose to throw away the credibility that they built with past installments of the series. They basically tried to subvert the players expectations, they tried something else instead of giving people what they were expecting.

It was a bet that maybe people wanted more "overwatch" in their battlefield. It was a bad decision.

Ka-pi96 said:
vivster said:
It's a very small section of people. Stop giving them a platform.

Glad you posted here, since you're an example of a gamer that whines about male characters. It goes both ways you see

Personally I don't care too much whether characters are male or female, although I do prefer non-human characters, so I'm still liable to complain every time there's humans...

BTW, you may as well get ready to claim the win for our bet.  I made it before this whole controversy started with BFV and despite the fact that BO4 is not doing so hot either, I do not see myself winning this one...nor do I really want to anymore lol.

Nintendo Switch Friend Code: SW-5643-2927-1984

Animal Crossing NH Dream Address: DA-1078-9916-3261

HintHRO said:
Nobody gives a damn about playing as a woman. Have you not seen the success of Horizon, Nier, Metroid, Tomb Raider and many others? But there's clearly a trend here since the SJW bullshit started in 2017 and not only in video games. Game developers/movie directors are not adding women because it fits their vision, but more for the sake of LOOK HOW PROGRESSIVE WE ARE. The lesbian kiss in the TLoU 2 demo was totally unnecessary and forced but don't you dare complain about it you ignorant women hating fuck! Games, just like movies and books, are a form of entertainment to escape the stupid ass reality we live in. SJW's, feminists and LGTB's are the biggest cancers in this world because they can't stand still and appreciate the progress we've made since a few decades ago, or look at way more important problems in the world right now. Nobody wants face this political bullshit over and over again.

I didn't mind the TLoU 2 kiss.

I think it was provocative art, and not just a lazy way to jump on the LGBT/feminist bandwagon. 

Good art has always been provocative, there was always a political and/or ideological statement in art, and Last of Us really fits into that because the first game already had strong ideological themes. And it was just two women kissing, why do people care so much?

As for the rest of your comment, I won't even acknowledge it by answering it. But I guess now I see why you care that much about that kiss ...

PwerlvlAmy said:
melbye said:
I've never had problems playing female characters, like ever. But that Battlefield-character is just so ridiculous with her prosthetic arm. And just like other people have said they attack people who voice their objection

yeah basically you're forced to like what they say you should or else males are called sexists and every other label in the book.  EA gonna learn the hard way with BFV's sales.

I think the bar for what is racism or sexism at this point is low at this point the words are going to end up losing all meaning

This is not about women, it's about forcing SJW ideology down our throats when we are simply trying to enjoy our games and movies and whatnot.
I don't even play Battlefield myself, but I understand that modern looking women with prosthetic robot arms are sorely out of place in that setting. Their only function is to push an agenda that gamers don't want to have to deal with inside their form of entertainment. Keep your political bullshit out of our fun. Women in more appropriate settings and even their own franchises have never been a problem, because they have been written as good characters instead of ideological puppets that shove their noses where they are not needed or wanted. Make your own damn games with your own characters and ideals instead of pissing into our cereal. But you can't, can you? That would require creativity and hard work, and SJWs are not ready to do that, because it's much easier to infect the work of others with their virus.
It amazes me how blind these big companies are to this crap. A tiny fringe group is screeching and forcing their politics into the business and they don't even buy or play these games. Sure, some of them maybe do, but it's irrelevant when compared to the actual customer base who has been funding the industry since forever, making it what it is today. Yet these companies are idiotic enough to side with the SJWs and turn on us, calling us names or telling us not to buy the game if we don't like it. Yes, because alienating your core customers to pander to a small outside group sounds like the best business decision ever.
How's that working for Star Wars? How's that working for Battlefield now? Who's next?