By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Why do male gamers whine about female characters in gaming? especially about Battlefield V?

Because they're clearly not woke enough. Changing demographics in historical events is not offensive and would most certainly never be done maliciously.

Hopefully DICE will also include a mission where we can liberate Christians and Muslims from concentration camps.

Around the Network
Signalstar said:
I am actually shocked to discover the OP is FattyDingDong. No offense but this is one of the most reasonable and well thought out threads I have seen from you. I actually find myself agreeing with you.

Yes, people are angry. If your series does not start out with a female protagonist you will be given hell if you change to one apparently. See some of the reaction to The Last of Us Part II or Gears V.

Usually people who say "agenda this" or "agenda that" are convinced popular culture is out to get them and make them feel uncomfortable.

In fairness, developers are also given hell if their series starts out with a male protagonist and doesn't change to at least the option to play as a female protagonist in future games. See: Pretty much every game announced with a male protagonist in the last five years.

Both sides are making the same dumb arguments from different perspectives.

Signalstar said:
I am actually shocked to discover the OP is FattyDingDong. No offense but this is one of the most reasonable and well thought out threads I have seen from you. I actually find myself agreeing with you.

Yes, people are angry. If your series does not start out with a female protagonist you will be given hell if you change to one apparently. See some of the reaction to The Last of Us Part II or Gears V.

Usually people who say "agenda this" or "agenda that" are convinced popular culture is out to get them and make them feel uncomfortable.

I am very passionate and concerned about this issue so i almost felt obligated to make this thread. What is scary to me is that most people on here seem to disagree with us and they fit that description very well they are truly convinced that the "liberal media" is trying to ruin their way of life. 

I trust no one, not even myself.

"Why do male gamers whine about female characters in gaming? especially about Battlefield V?"

STOP right there. Are you implying that those who are against Battlefield's V choices are now against all Female characters? Are you trying to lowkey label all of us as sexists by spreading misinformation? You're trying to paint the picture as "we whine when we see any female character" but that  far from reality. Reality is that most of don't give a shit when there's a female character in the game. Infact, my most anticipated game right now is Shadow of the Tomb Raider, and if given the choice to do so I usually choose the female over male. 

First when I saw the BFV trailer, with the woman in the front line british forces having a prosthetic arm and wielding a cricket bat, it looked very questionable, but I still ended up giving it a pass. Though when EA called anybody in opposition "uneducated" and "sexists", that was the straw that broke the camel's back. That's when it became obvious that EA merely made the decision to pander to sjw's. 

You saying that we whine more than SJW's? Think again:

https://www.resetera.com/threads/cyberpunk-2077-twitter-account-makes-transphobic-joke-read-op.63305/

Bet with Intrinsic:

The Switch will outsell 3DS (based on VGchartz numbers), according to me, while Intrinsic thinks the opposite will hold true. One month avatar control for the loser's avatar.

FattyDingDong said:
Signalstar said:

I am very passionate and concerned about this issue so i almost felt obligated to make this thread. What is scary to me is that most people on here seem to disagree with us and they fit that description very well they are truly convinced that the "liberal media" is trying to ruin their way of life. 

Why exactly are you ignoring all the people that brought up multiple games with a female lead that had no backlash?

The backlash for Battlefield isn't because people don't like females in games, it's because it simply does not fit with this particular game.

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

Around the Network

The feminist push in games like this feels forced. It like they just added a female lead in there just for the sake of it.

Apart from that the game looks dull as hell.

Doesnt get much more inflammatory then that.

"Why does (large group of ppl) complain about (stupid issue)? Wow, must be mentally fragile and dumb."

Ok. Moving on then~

Uh, immersion? Battlefield isn't the kind of game I expect female soldiers in situations where there were none or almost none. I don't mind the female soldiers if they're used in situations where they were actually used, but as far as I know, they had no place in most battles. I'll gladly take a female-only WWII if it makes sense in some game, but I don't feel like it makes any sense at all in a Battlefield game. And just for the record, I'm the guy whose girlfriend is constantly begging him to play as a male character because he plays as a female character so often.

I'm all for equality but I don't think this is the way.

I'm really looking forward to this moment as well:
Battlefield V gets good review scores:
"Just the mainstream and liberal gaming press trying to push their progressive agenda."

Battlefield V gets poor review scores:
"Good it's what they deserve. Hope they learned their lesson from this piece of trash"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F1gWECYYOSo

Please Watch/Share this video so it gets shown in Hollywood.

because battlefield was a little more serious and realistic. Now a sex that wasn't fighting on the front line in ww2 has a robotic and a sword. Its cringe worthy because men fought and died. Make a game with a woman in french resistance so it isn't foolish.