By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Why do male gamers whine about female characters in gaming? especially about Battlefield V?

Male gamers do not care about female characters in shooter games. The inclusion of female characters in more video games appeals to political correctness and #MeToo movement. Politics should stay out of the video game industry.

Around the Network

Chiefly because there's quite a few gamers that regard anything beside a straight white guy's POV as incredibly suspicious.
The "reasons" are excuses they come up with afterwards to try and justify women making them uncomfortable.

Last edited by Tulipanzo - on 24 August 2018

FattyDingDong said:
Masked_Muchaco said:

Why did you even bothered to make a thread asking people's opinions if you were not willing to debate? It really looks like you've already convinced yourself that anyone who disagrees with you on this subject is wrong. Were you expecting this thread to be an echo chamber? Because if so it's ironic that you're calling other people insecure.

You're clearly displaying your blatant bias on this matter.  Don't worry about why I chose to make this thread. 
I will happily debate people with reasonable arguments. 

You could start by giving one yourself, but I guess that would consume too much of your precious time and energy, and it's so much easier to accuse other of being biased am I right? So I will also not waste anymore of my time and energy with you. Have a good day sir.

"lupus in fabula, venit enim ad me."

Translation: I will always hate Fox for canceling The Exorcist.

Right-wing political correctness is at play again. Some people seem to get offended as soon as they see a woman who is not in the kitchen.

Tulipanzo said:
Chiefly because there's quite a few gamers that regard anything beyond a straight white guy's POV as incredibly suspicious.
The "reasons" are excuses they come up with afterwards to try and justify women making them uncomfortable.

I'd say there's quite a spectrum of straight white men's POVs regarding any topic, but you seem to single them out.

Are you heterophobic? Racist? Misandrist?

Around the Network

I remember my granny telling me about the story of the yee old war, where her battalion of severely crippled soldiers attacked the German Front Lines with spiked Cricket bats, plowing Nazis left and right with only one arm, and a stick with a hook. She also told about the hero of Dresden, an African American British Commander, alongside with his Tempered Nippon blade, attacking the City of Dresden while the Allies were dropping bombs. He managed to capture Dresden in less than 10 hours thanks to the sword skills inherited from his Senpai Kirito, the most famous Nippon swordsman of all time.

I am baffled why people don't like BF5, it sounds like a fairly historically accurate game, and an authentic World War 2 experience just like how EA advertised it would be.

HoloDust said:
Tulipanzo said:
Chiefly because there's quite a few gamers that regard anything beyond a straight white guy's POV as incredibly suspicious.

I'd say there's quite a spectrum of straight white men's POVs regarding any topic, but you seem to single them out.

POV as in that's who the playable character is, but nice strawmanning

Tulipanzo said:
HoloDust said:

POV as in that's who the playable character is, but nice strawmanning

You're projecting with the strawmanning.

Tulipanzo said:

No one made argument close to this. You're mischaracterizing this completely. I doubted that you ever bothered to read into the argument of the people you disagree with. So how did you come to this conclusion?

Welp it seems like even after an in thread warning to everyone that people werent' able to contain themselves and continue to push generalizations and flaming against others/groups. It's time to say good night to the thread and lock it away into the abyss.

NND: 0047-7271-7918 | XBL: Nights illusion | PSN: GameNChick