By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Why do male gamers whine about female characters in gaming? especially about Battlefield V?

boozehound said:
Don’t base your serious opinions on YouTube comments firstly... Is there a worse comment section than YouTube lol? Twitch maybe...

I dont think I've ever read a comment section of a YouTube video that wasn't littered with trolls or assholes.

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

Around the Network
FattyDingDong said:
Masked_Muchaco said:

The fact that you only reply to the one person who agrees with you on this thread says a lot about you.

Because most people use the same old talking points which have been addressed and debunked why would I waste my time and energy on them? Please explain. 

What exactly have you debunked?

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

I understand the reasoning behind the complaints. Although personally I could care less myself, I don't disagree with their anger.The reason people are angry is because the media are bending over backwards to politicize their games against conservatives. This is the media taking a giant leap out of the neutral zone that games have stood in for so long. It's their right to do it, and it's the gamer's right to be pissed off about it.

I'm a liberal myself and I actually don't agree that the media is all liberal like conservatives say, but what you're seeing in these complaints is actually valid criticism.

EA in this video is basically throwing historical accuracy to the wolves to include woman. I personally don't care because I don't care about historical accuracy. But I'm not gonna pretend that historical accuracy is something to be trampled upon willy nilly. It's a valid complaint.

Similarly with games like The Last of Us 2. Sure give us a gay and lesbian side story, but to throw it in our faces in the trailer... I personally don't care, but THAT is a slap in conservative faces. It wouldn't be quite so bad if it was just a story in the game, or if it just casually turned up in the game, but they threw it into the opening trailer like an advertising slogo for LGBT rights. That is no longer a trailer for The Last of Us 2, that is Sony declaring sides and forcing a political movement down people's throats.

Aeolus451 said:
hinch said:
The feminist push in games like this feels forced. It like they just added a female lead in there just for the sake of it.

Apart from that the game looks dull as hell.

"Feminist pop culture critic Anita Sarkeesian visited DICE and gave a great seminar. We stand by her 100%."

https://twitter.com/Battlefield/status/251735220292820993?s=20

And there goes the possibility of me buying a dice game ever again.

Bet with Intrinsic:

The Switch will outsell 3DS (based on VGchartz numbers), according to me, while Intrinsic thinks the opposite will hold true. One month avatar control for the loser's avatar.

zorg1000 said:
FattyDingDong said:

Because most people use the same old talking points which have been addressed and debunked why would I waste my time and energy on them? Please explain. 

I didn't say I personally..   I meant their "arguments" are the same old tired talking points that you would find in any alt-right forum and they have been proven to be false,  google is your friend.

I trust no one, not even myself.

Around the Network
flashfire926 said:
Aeolus451 said:

"Feminist pop culture critic Anita Sarkeesian visited DICE and gave a great seminar. We stand by her 100%."

https://twitter.com/Battlefield/status/251735220292820993?s=20

You do realize that's from 6 years ago.. right?

FattyDingDong said:
zorg1000 said:

I didn't say I personally..   I meant their "arguments" are the same old tired talking points that you would find in any alt-right forum and they have been proven to be false,  google is your friend.

No, YOU made the thread, its on you to defend your stance, not for us to Google search things that were said in other forums.

FattyDingDong said:
flashfire926 said:

but judging by how they're handling battlefield 5 they still agree with those ideologies.

Bet with Intrinsic:

The Switch will outsell 3DS (based on VGchartz numbers), according to me, while Intrinsic thinks the opposite will hold true. One month avatar control for the loser's avatar.

FattyDingDong said:
flashfire926 said:

Anita is still the same old Anita and Dice hasn't changed.

flashfire926 said:
FattyDingDong said:

but judging by how they're handling battlefield 5 they still agree with those ideologies.

those "ideologies" you're making it sound like they believe in burning babies..  feminism means equality for men and women what's wrong with that "ideology" ?   although it is true that there are some extremists in their movement but that could be said about all ideologies really.