By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Pokemon Let’s Go VS Super Smash Ultimate - Which will sell more?

Pokemon will sell more in 2018 for sure, has a 1 month advantage. Hard to say on lifetime though, I expect both to top 10m but how much over 10m is anyone's guess.

Around the Network

Probably Pokemon 1st year but Smash Bros LT.

shikamaru317 said:
Pokemon will sell more in 2018 for sure, has a 1 month advantage. Hard to say on lifetime though, I expect both to top 10m but how much over 10m is anyone's guess.

It depends how early we get to see gameplay footage of Pokemon 2019. After that Pokemon Let's Go will be dropped like a hot rock.

Pokemon

My prediction in 2021.

SW: 30m

PS5 16m

XBS: 7.5m

2018? Smash

Lifetime? Pokemon Let's Go.

This Let's Go game is not going to sell like a typical Pokemon out of the gate, but it will have massive legs. Kids and Pokemon Go fans are going to want this game.

Around the Network

Obviously Smash! Its not even your proper Pokemon Game

Pocky Lover Boy! 

Smash. Probably 15 mln LTE.

Pokemon because it's pokemon! I expect Smash to lead out of the gate but be overtaken eventually, contrary to what most people here believe. Smash will be a more hardcore game, so front loaded. Pokemon will be the more "Casual" title and i think it will take a while for some Go owners and kids etc. to adopt. I expect it to have really impressive legs and overtake Smash eventually LT.

DON'T WIN ME CHIBI BUDDY DON'T WIN ME.

ANIMAL CROSSING NEW LEAF FRIEND CODE:- 5129 1175 1029. MESSAGE ME.
ANDY MURRAY:- GRAND SLAM WINNER!

In my opinion the N64 was not just the best console of the 5th gen but, to this day the best console ever created!

2018 - Pokemon
LT - Smash Bros.

Both are novelty games. Pokemon looks more interesting to me, though; Smash Bros just looked kind of meh at E3, and let the show down. I admit, it’s one of those franchises I don’t really understand, it’s super repetitive, and lacks story and depth. The most fun I got out of the last game was fighting Link vs Cloud, but nothing else interested me about it. As a multiplayer game it pales in comparison to Mario Kart.

The Pokemon games look more interesting to me. Basically remakes of the original without all the grindy filler battles, but maintaining the spirit of them, and still keeping the battles that actually matter. So, to me, Pokemon looks far more in depth and interesting. I am an RPG/Strategy guy though, so it makes sense that this one would appeal to me more.

I describe myself as a little dose of toxic masculinity.