By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Pokemon Let’s Go VS Super Smash Ultimate - Which will sell more?

Pokemon

Around the Network

2018? Smash

Lifetime? Pokemon Let's Go.

This Let's Go game is not going to sell like a typical Pokemon out of the gate, but it will have massive legs. Kids and Pokemon Go fans are going to want this game.

Obviously Smash! Its not even your proper Pokemon Game

Pocky Lover Boy! 

Smash. Probably 15 mln LTE.

Pokemon because it's pokemon! I expect Smash to lead out of the gate but be overtaken eventually, contrary to what most people here believe. Smash will be a more hardcore game, so front loaded. Pokemon will be the more "Casual" title and i think it will take a while for some Go owners and kids etc. to adopt. I expect it to have really impressive legs and overtake Smash eventually LT.

DON'T WIN ME CHIBI BUDDY DON'T WIN ME.

ANIMAL CROSSING NEW LEAF FRIEND CODE:- 5129 1175 1029. MESSAGE ME.
ANDY MURRAY:- GRAND SLAM WINNER!

In my opinion the N64 was not just the best console of the 5th gen but, to this day the best console ever created!

Around the Network

2018 - Pokemon
LT - Smash Bros.

Both are novelty games. Pokemon looks more interesting to me, though; Smash Bros just looked kind of meh at E3, and let the show down. I admit, it’s one of those franchises I don’t really understand, it’s super repetitive, and lacks story and depth. The most fun I got out of the last game was fighting Link vs Cloud, but nothing else interested me about it. As a multiplayer game it pales in comparison to Mario Kart.

The Pokemon games look more interesting to me. Basically remakes of the original without all the grindy filler battles, but maintaining the spirit of them, and still keeping the battles that actually matter. So, to me, Pokemon looks far more in depth and interesting. I am an RPG/Strategy guy though, so it makes sense that this one would appeal to me more.

I describe myself as a little dose of toxic masculinity.

Yerm said:
Super Smash Bros. because Lets Go is just a spinoff. the spinoff titles perform pretty decently but the main series games are what people really buy. do date, the main series games have become the highest selling game on every platform they get released on.

But Let's Go could be the Pokemon spinoff, that is like the Persona-spinoff to the SMT-series. It could sell better than mainline, I see the potential as it can appeal to new userbases. Or not. It's really a wildcard for me.

jonathanalis said:
Let's go with 20 million.
Will be bigger than the 2019 mainline pokemon.

Could happen, if they really catch a part of the PoGo players and casuals.

Shaqazooloo0 said:
I think Pokemon Let's go will sell more in 2018. The mobile users will transition to Let's Go.

At least a part, I doubt all of them.

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [peak year] [+], [1], [2], [3], [4]

Hard to say, but I think we will be surprised by Pokemon.
I see too many users looking at Let’s Go like a spin-off and not as a remake just because the catching mechanic is simplified and the unnecessary grinding aspect of wild battles has been removed, but the core aspect is still there. It’s closer to a remake than a spin-off.
Just looking at VGChartz, spin-off usually sells between 5-6 millions while the lowest remake is at 10 millions, the latter is the minimum I expect. Add the effect the Switch has on their First Party franchises and we can look at Let’s Go and Smash to both becomes the best seller of their respective series.

In the short term, Pokemon, in the long term, Smash. Pokemon will do 10-15m, a massive part of which will be sold this year. On the other hand, I think Smash will do 20m+ LT, around 7m this year, but given it's December release date, it' legs will be fresher heading into the new year and its appeal is wider imo. Pokemon Let's Go has taken it too casual and that will alienate a lot of players.