By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Update: Warframe announced for Switch, being ported by Panic Button

Onother quite popular free to play online game coming to Switch, nice.

Around the Network

Good choice. I knew of Warframe before but never tried it. So this is nice for the future.

Nintendo's payed online is becoming more inevitable with al these online games. It looks like they do have a good plan for selling the online which is not one specific game but a host of popular online games. Good move indeed.

In the wilderness we go alone with our new knowledge and strength.

The way they announced it was awesome. Never heard of the game before, but I'm very intrigued.

Before fortnite it was the most popular free to play game on consoles at least, I remember when it got released with only a 50 mission and still taking 60 hours to complete them now it has been updated so much that you basically can't run out of things to do and it can be very addicting. You should give it a try except if you are someone who are easy hooked to games and don't want spend to much time on it :o.

curl-6 said:
Nuvendil said:

Warframe is pretty major these days.  But it was a slow burn, not a big splash.  It's apparently really polished and stuffed with content these days.  I'll probably give it a look since it is free to play and apparently very good about it.

Maybe I'm just out of the loop but just about every other significant Switch port I'd heard about before, be it Rocket League, Fortnite, Paladins, Doom/Wolfenstein, Outlast 1/2, Payday, etc. But with Warframe this morning is literally the first time I have ever been aware of its existence.

Well, and this way it is already a win for DigitalExtremes: someone who didn't noticed their game before is now aware of it. Maybe you like it even, when you try it out, and buy some stuff so they actually make money.

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [peak year] [+], [1], [2], [3], [4]

Around the Network

Tried it, didn't get into it. Am interested to see if panic button prioritize shaders and effects over resolution again. Stop it Panic Button.

Another F2P game coming to Switch. I think they really want all the popular F2P games on the system.

Warframe has done a very good job at maintaining a consistently high player base for 5 years straight. An F2P like it isn't on the Switch yet either.

Adding Warframe now, I don't think the Switch really needs any other F2P games on the system. Paladins, Warframe and Fortnite is enough of a good combo, only game I can see being beneficial now is Hearthstone but I don't think Blizzard wants to do that.

Frotnite
Paladins
Fallout Shelter
Warframe

I believe Arena of Valor is also F2P?

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile

Fortnite, Paladins, Warframe and ES Legends all made on to the Switch before any equivalent Blizzard title if someone puts a Diablo 3 like game on the platform it will become even more baffling.

I'm kind of amused that AAA has become so convoluted a term that now a Free 2 Play game is considered AAA.