By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Update: Warframe announced for Switch, being ported by Panic Button

Panic Button is a Switch beast. They’ve discovered a golden method in their porting ability.

Around the Network

I barely even heard of Warframe before now. I had to look it up, and for a minute I thought it was Starhawk. It just boggles my mind how people can think that these F2P games are as good as full priced games. I tried Fallout Shelter the other day for Switch. I thought since it was made by Bethesda it would be exceptionally good for a free game. I hated it. The menu was clunky, progression was clearly padded out, to incentivize buying lootboxes, and the whole game was randomly generated.

But oh well. After all, a Korean asset flip FPS game, from a mobile company, with rampant cheating, no regional servers, and broken physics won GotY last year.

Last edited by Cerebralbore101 - on 08 July 2018

zippy said:
quickrick said:

Not really, I just see no reason panic button hyped this.

They never hyped it. It was casually mentioned, wasn't even deemed E3 worthy. 

Don't ruin narrative, Panic Button hyped this game like crazy. :D

zygote said:

Panic Button is a Switch beast. They’ve discovered a golden method in their porting ability.

Isn't it online only? Can you play online easily on the go, like in the train? 

Since i'm pretty much obsessed with warframe had to chime in for some info that i haven't seen anywhere else so far

- There will be a 1-2 month window where accounts can be ported from pc to Switch. Unclear on whether this will happen for Xbox and PS4 as there can be complications moving between those platforms.

- Cross play is somethjng they'd like to do but it's complicated. Very unlikely in the near future.

- asked whether or not the Switch version would get some content cut** (eg no Plains, Fortuna, Railjack). He says Switch owners will get the complete game in terms of content. Nothing removed for the Switch version.

- On Cross save, the fact that there is a set migration window for accounts will mean there is no cross save available after that.

** Despite being very well optimized for PC some extracts of content are kinda separated from the mayority of the game and noticeably more demanding EG wide open areas, etc.

and thats it, info comes thanks to this wonderful man

Around the Network
Faelco said:
zygote said:

Isn't it online only? Can you play online easily on the go, like in the train? 

I think Nintendo may end up with a solution for this somewhere.  Maybe through phone hotspot using their app or something I don't know.  But you can play at wifi locations just fine.  Once enough of these type games come over, maybe we will get Overwatch eventually. 

Wyrdness said:
Fortnite, Paladins, Warframe and ES Legends all made on to the Switch before any equivalent Blizzard title if someone puts a Diablo 3 like game on the platform it will become even more baffling.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v7UCv_v6wfM

Last edited by Mnementh - on 08 July 2018

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [peak year] [+], [1], [2], [3], [4]

Mnementh said:
Wyrdness said:
Fortnite, Paladins, Warframe and ES Legends all made on to the Switch before any equivalent Blizzard title if someone puts a Diablo 3 like game on the platform it will become even more baffling.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v7UCv_v6wfM

Never mind.

Cerebralbore101 said:

I barely even heard of Warframe before now. I had to look it up, and for a minute I thought it was Starhawk. It just boggles my mind how people can think that these F2P games are as good as full priced games. I tried Fallout Shelter the other day for Switch. I thought since it was made by Bethesda it would be exceptionally good for a free game. I hated it. The menu was clunky, progression was clearly padded out, to incentivize buying lootboxes, and the whole game was randomly generated.

But oh well. After all, a Korean asset flip FPS game, from a mobile company, with rampant cheating, no regional servers, and broken physics won GotY last year.

Ok, I'm no Warframe expert but I'm pretty sure it and Fallout Shelter aren't comparable :P

And Warframe these days from what I have seen is a very, very robust game.  

Hard to be excited about a game on Switch that requires internet access.