By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Update: Warframe announced for Switch, being ported by Panic Button

AngryLittleAlchemist said:
curl-6 said:

Maybe I'm just out of the loop but just about every other significant Switch port I'd heard about before, be it Rocket League, Fortnite, Paladins, Doom/Wolfenstein, Outlast 1/2, Payday, etc. But with Warframe this morning is literally the first time I have ever been aware of its existence.

I usually can agree with or at least understand your cynicism. But ... c'mon man ... really? Warframe is one of the most popular free to play games, ever. Even if it isn't exciting for you, don't you understand the value in a huge free to play game coming to the system, particularly when the soon to be implemented paid-online system is considered by many to be trash? I fully get not being hyped for Warframe, i'm not. And as a consumer, all people can ask of you is that you react based on your likes and dislikes (anyone who says "just because you don't like it doesn't mean you should complain" is being stupid). But this just seems a bit irrational, it's a significant announcement. 

I genuinely didn't realize Warframe was a big thing, prior to this announcement I'd never heard of it, so my first impulse was that if I hadn't even heard of it before, it must not be super big. Again, I guess I may just be out of the loop on this one.

Around the Network

Well i have watched a few videos of it and how it has evolved over the last 4 years.

Damn it looks good. My only fear is will I have the time to grind it out for hours. For someone who has a lot of spare time I can see this game becoming a core part of someone's life, if they are not playing it already on PC or other systems

curl-6 said:

I usually can agree with or at least understand your cynicism. But ... c'mon man ... really? Warframe is one of the most popular free to play games, ever. Even if it isn't exciting for you, don't you understand the value in a huge free to play game coming to the system, particularly when the soon to be implemented paid-online system is considered by many to be trash? I fully get not being hyped for Warframe, i'm not. And as a consumer, all people can ask of you is that you react based on your likes and dislikes (anyone who says "just because you don't like it doesn't mean you should complain" is being stupid). But this just seems a bit irrational, it's a significant announcement. 

I genuinely didn't realize Warframe was a big thing, prior to this announcement I'd never heard of it, so my first impulse was that if I hadn't even heard of it before, it must not be super big. Again, I guess I may just be out of the loop on this one.

I don't know ... maybe I'm a dick for saying this, but with your constant negativity on this forum, I really think you should think about what you write before you write it. 

curl-6 said:

Haven't herd of it either, but looking it up on youtube there is many fans. Even constantly ranking top 10 of users playing it on steam.

curl-6 said:

I don't know ... maybe I'm a dick for saying this, but with your constant negativity on this forum, I really think you should think about what you write before you write it. 

Ok maybe reel that in a bit.  Like I said, Warframe isn't like Rocket League or Overwatch, it doesn't have a massive marketing budget and didn't have any point where it exploded in a way people not in the loop on PS4, Xbone, and PC would have heard.  I can absolutely see how he would miss it.  I only knew about it cause A) I did catsh wind of its original release and B) people in comments sections kept comparing it favorably to Destiny 2 :P

Around the Network
Nuvendil said:

Ok maybe reel that in a bit.  Like I said, Warframe isn't like Rocket League or Overwatch, it doesn't have a massive marketing budget and didn't have any point where it exploded in a way people not in the loop on PS4, Xbone, and PC would have heard.  I can absolutely see how he would miss it.  I only knew about it cause A) I did catsh wind of its original release and B) people in comments sections kept comparing it favorably to Destiny 2 :P

What? I never said that it was crazy that he missed out on the game. That was in no way my point, at all. 

Nuvendil said:

What? I never said that it was crazy that he missed out on the game. That was in no way my point, at all. 

Oh, sorry, I thought you were implying he was being disingenuous. 

Nuvendil said:

Oh, sorry, I thought you were implying he was being disingenuous. 

That's fine. I didn't mean to imply that. I can definitely see how it falls under peoples radar. 

This is a very good thing for the Switch, although from what I hear there is no way to move your progress between the different platforms so who knows how many existing players will make the move.

Warframe? What’s that? Never heard of it.