By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Update: Warframe announced for Switch, being ported by Panic Button

Yay more Free2plays!

Pocky Lover Boy! 

Around the Network
curl-6 said:

Yeah not gonna lie, bit of a letdown considering their first 3 Switch games. Was hoping it would be something more, well, major. I hadn't even heard of this game before. Oh well.

Warframe is pretty major these days.  But it was a slow burn, not a big splash.  It's apparently really polished and stuffed with content these days.  I'll probably give it a look since it is free to play and apparently very good about it.

Lol even Nintendo posting videos

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mCXYD9iN3Rw

curl-6 said:

Yeah not gonna lie, bit of a letdown considering their first 3 Switch games. Was hoping it would be something more, well, major. I hadn't even heard of this game before. Oh well.

Warframe is pretty big, on wiki it says its one of the biggest games on Steam with over 26 million players since launch.

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

Nuvendil said:
curl-6 said:

Warframe is pretty major these days.  But it was a slow burn, not a big splash.  It's apparently really polished and stuffed with content these days.  I'll probably give it a look since it is free to play and apparently very good about it.

Maybe I'm just out of the loop but just about every other significant Switch port I'd heard about before, be it Rocket League, Fortnite, Paladins, Doom/Wolfenstein, Outlast 1/2, Payday, etc. But with Warframe this morning is literally the first time I have ever been aware of its existence.

Around the Network

I mean it looks like it's a pretty big deal it got lots of attention on Twitter and the video is doing well on Youtube. Will check it out eventually. The good thing is, it's not only Bethesda that are asking for ports now but other companies which is amazing.

Edit : https://twitter.com/NINTENthusiast/status/1015774691154374656?s=19

Yup this is a big deal lmao 

Last edited by xMetroid - on 07 July 2018

On Thursday, Panic Button is doing an AMA on the Nintendo Switch sub reddit.

https://old.reddit.com/r/NintendoSwitch/comments/8wwrkx/soo_the_warframe_developers_just_announced_it_for/e1z6h14/

We will probably get some more details on this port during it.

xMetroid said:

I mean it looks like it's a pretty big deal it got lots of attention on Twitter and the video is doing well on Youtube. Will check it out eventually. The good thing is, it's not only Bethesda that are asking for ports now but other companies which is amazing.

Edit : https://twitter.com/NINTENthusiast/status/1015774691154374656?s=19

Yup this is a big deal lmao 

That was a hilarious and incredible way to reveal the port, sounds like it was mind blowing for the people in the crowd showed it to. 

That's not the most exciting announcement ever, but hey, it is better than nothing.

curl-6 said:
Nuvendil said:

Maybe I'm just out of the loop but just about every other significant Switch port I'd heard about before, be it Rocket League, Fortnite, Paladins, Doom/Wolfenstein, Outlast 1/2, Payday, etc. But with Warframe this morning is literally the first time I have ever been aware of its existence.

I usually can agree with or at least understand your cynicism. But ... c'mon man ... really? Warframe is one of the most popular free to play games, ever. Even if it isn't exciting for you, don't you understand the value in a huge free to play game coming to the system, particularly when the soon to be implemented paid-online system is considered by many to be trash? I fully get not being hyped for Warframe, i'm not. And as a consumer, all people can ask of you is that you react based on your likes and dislikes (anyone who says "just because you don't like it doesn't mean you should complain" is being stupid). But this just seems a bit irrational, it's a significant announcement.