By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Fortnite - warning DO NOT play on PS4, or you can't play on Switch (and quick start guide if you're sheltered like me, and didn't know about this game before)

flashfire926 said:
Man, some of the excuses......

"Do you want Sony to crash, burn, and go bankrupt!!??" (As if Playstation is on it's fucking knees...)

"Sony should be allowed to do this because Microsoft did this last gen!" (If your friend went crazy and murdered someone, does that mean you're allowed to do that yourself?)

Pathetic.

Lol yep its hilarious! 

Pocky Lover Boy! 

Around the Network

wow this actually hit the news on TV. Sony is probably working to fix this as we speak.

PortisheadBiscuit said:
Aeolus451 said:

Where do you think all of those ninty fans that didn't buy the wii u went? Stop gaming altogether? Use your brain. This whole thread is entitlement gone wrong. 

I'd love for you to provide a source that proves a large percentage of Nintendo fans ran to Sony to get their Zelda and Mario fixes. And when you say fans, does that allude to casual fans or hardcore gamers? Hardcore gamers would be more likely to buy multiple systems right? So they'd end up with a PS4 regardless of how Wii U fared. Don't forget 3DS, lots of fans got their fix there. 

A lot of people are stoping at nothing to defend Sony, what they're doing is anti-gamer no matter which way you look at it. Nintendo and Microsoft have gotten their share of criticism for shady things they've done, Sony isn't exempt. 

Again, use your brain. The 3DS can't play home console multiplatform games. If someone wanted to play any with friends, where would they go? It's fairly obvious that alot of ninty fans own a PS4 considering all of whining over this.

Hyperbolic. This kind of stuff is normal for all 3. You can't buy a cod game with all the DLC on one console and expect to be able to transfer game progress or dlc over without having to buy/do everything again. That's normal for almost all multiplatform games. People need to stop acting so entitled and get over what's normal. If you were planning on playing it on a certain platform then why grind alot or spend money on the game on a different platform? Because that's pretty stupid.

cycycychris said:
EricHiggin said:

Well to say that PS fans are PS fans, but would rather play Fortnite on Switch doesn't jive. Let's put it this way to make it super simple. If the problem becomes big enough, like the close to 10 million people effected by this so you say, as of right now, and likely to grow, then you can bet that PS will make their own Switch like hardware to solve that problem. PS would much rather have you playing on a PS device, than allow you to give that money to other companies. The more games that end up having this problem, and the more gamers effected by it, the higher the chance you will see a new PS Portable sooner than later.

However, PS does not offer console gaming on the go right now, so if you choose what Nin is offering, which is gaming on the go, then you have to abide by Nin's rules on their platform, and PS's rules on theirs. Nin isn't going to allow Mario on PS consoles even if all 80 million PS gamers bought Switch's and said we want Mario wherever and whenever we want, with the best graphics available. That's not Nin's problem. If you want Mario, get a Nin device. Period. This could lead to another Nin home console though.

Epic has investors to answer to, but PS doesn't? Who's investors are more important? Should we all just say screw PS and their investors and let the company crash and burn? We all know what happens when there isn't enough competition in the industry. Should we force people who invest in PS to also invest just as much in Nin and MS to make sure everything is always even so there is no reason for any brand to try and up it's game?

Its Epic's fault because they chose not to look ahead and plan for the future, or they simply didn't care and took what they could get from PS. If you buy a set of rims for your car, and then decide you want a different brand of car, but want to keep your cool rims, yet find out that when you go to add them onto the new car that it has a different bolt pattern and they won't fit, you don't go and blame the car company. If you do they will tell you to either go back to your old brand of car or buy another set of rims and tires that fit their car. Why do the car companies do this? To make you spend more money and to try to lock you into their ecosystem. This happens in all industries, everywhere, all the time.

No one bought the Switch for Fortnite, they bought it for the concept and especially for Nintendo games. Anything third party they can buy is just icing on the cake. Sony would need to some how copy Nintendo games part to get people to buy there version, thats not happen if they are supporting a handheld and a console. just because 10 million people own a switch also own a PS4 doesn't mean they would buy a Sony copycat, I see no merit in this discussion.

Every console owner has there own exclusives they own, this has nothing to do with a third party account system that no console holder owns. Purchases and purchases through those accounts should be transferable

I never said Sony doesn't have investors, but you said out of ethics Epic should have boycotted PS due to this policy, and I responded that they have investors to answer to and they aren't gonna be kind if you boycott over something so mundane like transferable accounts... Note I'm talking from an investor point of view. They see tens of millions of dollars on the table. Sony investors are irrelevant to what I was saying.

And your final paragraph, I've addressed this so many times, consumers have a right to there accounts, Sony should have no right to block them from being able to transfer them back and forth with full functionality. They are the root of the issue and Epic has been outspoken about them.

Well if they didn't buy it for Fortnite, and now they have Fortnite, then why are they complaining? Would Switch owners rather not have Fortnite at all? Isn't having Fortnite and not being able to link to a PS4 account better than nothing? Maybe they should be thankful and not ungrateful. The game is free to play. If Switch owners bought it for its concept, then there is a good chance if PS made a copycat, and you owned a PS4, which you played third party multiplayer games on, then it would make all the sense in the world to buy that hardware. If it was offered and was quite similar in its usefulness, yet didn't have Nin games, and you wanted Nin games, then you can buy a Switch, but that means no cross play or cross accounts for Fortnite between Switch and PS4. It would be your choice, and while you can try and complain, if the answer Epic or PS gives you is no, then the answer is simply no.

If you want studio's like Epic to be able to have complete control over everything, then they need to build their own console, and everyone can buy one for every single studio's games. They all could have their own online service as well, but then they automatically lose some control having to deal with PS and their network/hardware under the TV.

PS investors also see tens of millions. Why? Well because not only are they making money off of Fortnite, but for every single extra PS4 sold because of Fortnite they make money, plus that's potential money coming in from PS Plus and any content from the PS store, as well as physical game sales, DLC or micro-transactions for those games, accessory sales, word of mouth, etc. Epic could have said no to PS and not had this problem but wouldn't have made nearly as much money, or they could make tens of millions and anger some gamers that want to play across multiple platforms. PS no doubt did the math and decided it was best to try and lock down Fortnite and appease its investors. Epic no doubt did the math and decided its investors were more important than the potential cross platform console gamers.

Epic has been outspoken about how its not their fault at all and they can't do anything about it? You mean like how MS said XB1 DRM was physically locked into the console and it couldn't simply be switched off, only to then shortly afterwards flip the switches and turn it all off when nobody believed their BS? PS retains the rights to the software in that box under the TV and the network it connects to. If they decide they want to have Fortnite locked into that network for those who purchase that box, they can, and if the dev agree's to go along with it, there is nothing anybody can do other than complain or boycott. If Epic signed a contract with PS for Fortnite, then its too bad. Maybe next time Epic will choose to do things differently, and maybe they won't.

Do I think its fair? Not really. Does that even matter? Not really, because life isn't fair from the second your born until the day you die. While there's nothing wrong with having civilized conversations and asking questions, when the answer your given is no, kicking and screaming is not going to get anybody anywhere, and sometimes you just gotta deal with it and move on.

FentonCrackshell said:
Why’s everyone so anxious to play with Sony players?

Asking the real question. 

Hmm, pie.

Around the Network

I will just play on PS4 and have cross play with PC players.win win.

In Previous generation PlayStation was begging for cross play with Xbox and Nintendo but this gen Xbox and Nintendo begging for cross play with PlayStation.its so funny but imo PlayStation doing the right thing here and they shouldn't feel pressure from some fanboys.playstation always supported cross play with PC but business wise not good to give your player base to your competition.just continue having cross play with PC,iOS,Android and everyone will be happy because 99% of players will be on that platform.

FentonCrackshell said:
Why’s everyone so anxious to play with Sony players?

That's hardly the point. It's that Sony players want to continue playing with their account on the Switch while lying in bed or are on the go where ever they have Wifi. It's where Sony says: "NOPE. Not with Nintendo." 

Intel Core i7 8700K | 32 GB DDR 4 PC 3200 | ROG STRIX Z370-F Gaming | RTX 3090 FE| Crappy Monitor| HTC Vive Pro :3

pxrocks said:
In Previous generation PlayStation was begging for cross play with Xbox and Nintendo but this gen Xbox and Nintendo begging for cross play with PlayStation.its so funny but imo PlayStation doing the right thing here and they shouldn't feel pressure from some fanboys.playstation always supported cross play with PC but business wise not good to give your player base to your competition.just continue having cross play with PC,iOS,Android and everyone will be happy because 99% of players will be on that platform.

They are doing the right thing by blocking a 3rd party account from being utilized on the Switch/X1? Accounts that might have only been use used on the PS4? That's the right thing, if Sony doesn't want to do Crossplay that's fine, like you said last gen they wanted to do it with the X360(never heard anything regarding with the Wii) but MS said no,but to block a 3rp party account,  from beign able to be use on Switch or X1 because it was use on a PS4,even if it was once just to see how the game worked on the system,is some major BS that I bet you and the Sony fans that are defending Sony would be the first to talk Shit on Ninty/MS if they did it.

Also Sony shouldn't feel pressured because some "fanboys" are complaing. Who do these fanboys support,Nintendo or Microsoft? Because I don't remember, and it might just be my bad memory, but I don't remember Greg Miller beign a  fanboy when it come to Nintendo/MS, or being famous for is pod cast regarding either company, and again maybe my memory is trash but wasn't he on stage last year at PSX?

Just because people are calling Sony on there shit doesn't mean they are fanboy,that could also be easily said to anyone defending Sony like you are, companies should get called out on there shit, because if they aren't then we shit like the PS3 and the X1.

Mr_No said:

It sucks. I don't know exactly why are they doing this, but I bet it has to do with them not wanting the console of their competitors being able to interact with the PSN. That's what I think. Is it petty? Yeah, but I personally don't mind that they've done that. Being on top of the market means they can afford to do controversial things like these, particularly when the opposite side was too adamant on doing this last generation, like shown here, here and here. Which begs the question... why they hell is Sony forced to comply now when they were shot down years ago by the competition? And I'm not making Microsoft a strawman now; I said Sony is being petty. But if Microsoft didn't agree back then to crossplay, why should Sony be obligated to do so now? I say only let PC and mobile use their accounts.

I'm also aware that crossplay isn't exactly the same as using the same account throughout platforms...

inb4 the articles get dismissed for x reasons.

mind blown, So because MS did it last gen it's okay? (also kinda a false equivalence given they're not entirely the same issues) lol No offense but that's some fanboy thinking, you're trying to deflect and point the finger to someone else. We're in a different era, MS has different leadership, what should be the focus is what's in the best interest for the gamers. This will literally benefit everyone, only reason to ever defend this (or any company in the wrong) is to score some imaginary points with them.

With that said, I don't think it's a major issue that needs riots in the streets but also don't defend this shit especially if you wouldn't have if the shoe was on the other foot.